Should I Purchase the Nexus 10 Now or Wait for the Rumored Upgrade?

Astrotrain00

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm all aboard the N10 train but before putting in my order, I saw an article the other day that said it would be getting a refresh (possibly announced next month?) with double the cores, minor spec upgrades, etc. for the same price. I've seen some folks posting about screen flickering issues, significant lag, clock widget problems, inconsistent build quality and what have you so my question is this: should I wait for the upgrade or just take the plunge now?

FYI, I will mostly use it for home media consumption - movies, music, as an e-reader, web browsing, email, Facebook, Currents, and maybe a game or two, nothing too crazy. I'm wondering if my relative 'light' use will help me avoid the lag/battery issues some complain about?

Thanks in advance for the input!

entrer1

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I call bs on that rumor. I just picked up my nexus 10 yesterday at walmart. Had two in stock at the store. Like every nexus device they will have a new one out next fall Imo. If you keep waiting for the biggest and best thing you will be waiting for the rest of your life. Go get it and enjoy it like I have. This is my 3rd tablet and by far the best one I have had. I can assure you this thing is fast! No lagging or anything that I have noticed. And I hae thrown everything I can think of at it and it has not stuttered one time. The performance of this thing is unreal and then screen is to die for. Trust me, you will not be sorry. Also I use my s3 as a hot spot and it connects to it nicely. no need for a 3g or 4 G radio in this tablet

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

dddougal

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Im planning to wait for the upgrade but i have a feeling my impatient nature will get the better of me and I will end up cracking and getting one.

entrer1

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Btw. So far the battery had been great for me. I took it off the charger at 8am yesterday and when I went to bed around 11pm the battery was at 43 percent with 3 and a half hours of screen time. I mainly use my tablet for the same things you mentioned in your post. With the 300dbi it makes reading txt great Imo. Really shines using play magazines and play books and Google currents. Not to mention Web pages look great as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
you will wait for ever. I was waiting for 10 inch nexus device. as soon as it came out i bought it.
I dont regret. its powerful and superfast

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Get the Nexus 10 now, and if you feel the need to get the new one then sell this one and put it towards the new one, though there's not much they can do to improve this one already. It's amazing.

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm all aboard the N10 train but before putting in my order, I saw an article the other day that said it would be getting a refresh (possibly announced next month?) with double the cores, minor spec upgrades, etc. for the same price. I've seen some folks posting about screen flickering issues, significant lag, clock widget problems, inconsistent build quality and what have you so my question is this: should I wait for the upgrade or just take the plunge now?

FYI, I will mostly use it for home media consumption - movies, music, as an e-reader, web browsing, email, Facebook, Currents, and maybe a game or two, nothing too crazy. I'm wondering if my relative 'light' use will help me avoid the lag/battery issues some complain about?

Thanks in advance for the input!
Do you have a link to the article? The only article I ever saw about this was the one provided here in a thread which seemed rather bogus - especially since I could not find one other source supporting that article. As it stands, without confirmation, I am inclined to believe it is just a rumor - maybe by Apple fans trying to get people to not buy the Nexus until their new iPad comes out.

Astrotrain00

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a link to the article? The only article I ever saw about this was the one provided here in a thread which seemed rather bogus - especially since I could not find one other source supporting that article. As it stands, without confirmation, I am inclined to believe it is just a rumor - maybe by Apple fans trying to get people to not buy the Nexus until their new iPad comes out.

No, I don't actually have a link - I believe I am referencing the same article you mention, but I didn't know there was talk of it being a fake.

That said, thanks everyone for the feedback! My mind is pretty much made up, now I'm just waiting on the tax man to send me my refund check and then it's going straight to Google, hah.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I don't actually have a link - I believe I am referencing the same article you mention, but I didn't know there was talk of it being a fake.

That said, thanks everyone for the feedback! My mind is pretty much made up, now I'm just waiting on the tax man to send me my refund check and then it's going straight to Google, hah.

mikeb33

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I read an article about a upcoming 8 core Nexus 10. If the current ones are still selling as fast as they can get them, why would they rush it? Probably next holiday season there will be a better one. I will buy it and sell my current one for 60-70% of purchase price and be happy.

Tenebrous

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Good decision in my view. Also, if it helps, generally speaking as it were, Google's Nexus phones have historically not come out every few months; the cycle is about a year until an improved version comes out - though nothing so spectacular as to make one toss their existing Nexus - and the second year they generally come out with bigger improvements. I am imagine that Google will stick to a similar timetable with the N10 - if not wait it a little longer since the cost of the N10 is comparatively more expensive than a contract Nexus phone.

rkeenan

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I am waiting to see how the Nokia Windows 8 tablet and the Samsung Note 8 inch turn out before I decide on what to buy. The Windows Surface Pro tablets looks amazing but they price is nothing short of outrageous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky