SIM Toolkit not visible in Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 (international)

MuchNo

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I rooted my phone and upgraded to AOKP Jelly Bean 4.2.2. Ever since I upgraded to 4.2.2 I've been unable to access my SIM toolkit - I can see it in ES File Manager, but I can't access it. When I click on it in the file manager it upgrades it...

I need it to send and receive mobile money in my country (I live in Nairobi, Kenya and many services use mobile money here). Please let me know if anyone knows how I can access the SIM toolkit without reverting back to stock Samsung.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
MuchNo, we don't have STK here in the U.S., so I had to do a little (very little, I'm afraid) research into what it was. It sounds like this is something that is normally integrated into Android ROMs in the African market. AOKP, not being built off an African ROM, probably doesn't include support for this at all. I'm no expert on this, but I think your best bet is to go back to the stock ROM, and then search around and see if you can find any custom ROMs based on an African market version.

MuchNo

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
I think I'll do that because with the woes I'm having, I think I'll have to take the phone back in and try to get it exchanged. Freezing started again...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej