Skype disabled!!!

DMXavier

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Skype with video which I have had on my Thunderbolt for about 2 months was finally killed with this latest update. I wonder if this means that they are close to releasing it officially with Gingerbread or if they're just being morons as usual.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Skype with video which I have had on my Thunderbolt for about 2 months was finally killed with this latest update. I wonder if this means that they are close to releasing it officially with Gingerbread or if they're just being morons as usual.

this has been posted a few times already, yes, the mr2 update disables skype. you can still get skype by going back to mr1 or gb. This is what Mortiel, a VZW technical consultant said.
I actually had my first reboot in weeks this morning after I set up the My Verizon widget... funny how that works, isn't it?

Now I'm sure many of you have already noticed the problem with the leaked Skype Mobile with Video. Before anyone panics, let me explained what happened: Verizon was listening to you all when there was a resounding cry to just get the fix out and worry about Gingerbread later. So what did Verizon do? Pushed the fix without Gingerbread, which included the "fix" for the leaked Skype that was going to conflict with the official version. The Gingerbread update, which is now slated for late July, will include Skype Mobile with Video. They blocked the leaked version so it would not interfere with the official version.

Aside, those of you having signal issues, please do a forced programming on your phone: Turn off the phone, take out the battery, and slide the SIM tray out. Leave it like this for at minimum of 2 minutes. Then reassemble everything, making sure the battery cover is on securely, and boot the phone back up.

If your phone freezes on the boot screen, pull the battery, then when you are powering it back up, hold down the Volume Down button when you see the "HTC Quietly Brilliant" screen and keep holding it down until the phone boots up into Safe Mode.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid