Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't know much about skype, but is it safe to assume that we'll be able to video chat with people on the computer? Also, for that matter, think this will have google talk's video chat feature? I won't know many people with a front facing camera, but more with web cams. I just want the thing to go to good use.

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
It will work with all versions of Skype. So yes you can chat with people using PC. As for Google Talk features, no idea.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I'm not hip on this stuff either. I am due for an upgrade in March and have been doing research between the Tbolt and the iPhone (sorry). My wife and I have decided on the Tbolt and what locked in the deal is the fact that we can add a MicroSD card and if the battery ever does wearout you have the option to change it. Doing this research I have been seeing a lot of the videos of the Tbolt demos and the "experts" keep saying that you can use Skype anywhere on the 4G network and if you end up on or Skype on 3G it will switch to regular voice with no video?! I thought the big deal with Skype is that you can use it anywhere? I was also wondering if the Android market has Tango and can you do Skype to Tango or Tango to Skype.

durangojim#AC

Banned
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm not hip on this stuff either. I am due for an upgrade in March and have been doing research between the Tbolt and the iPhone (sorry). My wife and I have decided on the Tbolt and what locked in the deal is the fact that we can add a MicroSD card and if the battery ever does wearout you have the option to change it. Doing this research I have been seeing a lot of the videos of the Tbolt demos and the "experts" keep saying that you can use Skype anywhere on the 4G network and if you end up on or Skype on 3G it will switch to regular voice with no video?! I thought the big deal with Skype is that you can use it anywhere? I was also wondering if the Android market has Tango and can you do Skype to Tango or Tango to Skype.

It's strange that the iPhone on vzw can do skype video over 3G but the won't allow the tb to do it on 3G.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
Oh yea I almost forgot...

In case you didnt know it will have a 32 gig micro sd Pre installed out of the box!
and the battery is one of the main reasons why i dislike the *phone as well.

Thanks Ed, I do remember that. My current piece of crap phone also uses a MicroSD card so in theory I can just put my current card in the Tbolt if I want. Another question I have is can I transfer my current and future digital copy movies I have on *tunes to my Tbolt?

hmfoster

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Just read somewhere that the web Skype will only work on 4G not 3G. 3G voice only. Can anyone verify this ?
Thanks
Harvey

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
Tango...

The Tango app works on 3G and is supposed to be pretty good. I'm just surprised that since Skype is rooted into this thing it will only work on 4G? Doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe we are missing something?

ericm1981

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
OK, so just so we're all clear on this, can you please verify the following?

If I am not in a 4G coverage area will I be able to video chat with someone who is on their computer connected to the internet.