sleep issue...still not fixed

FinalMacGyver#AC

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Am i the only one still having issue with this? I downloaded the update which was suppose to fix it but I've had to for se it to restart 3 or 4 times since then. Anyone else?

chadnoyb

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I have also updated my to version 3.1.01.5.0029 and I am also still having the issue where my thrive won't wake up, I also get random reboots. I do enjoy the media upgrades, I can now play my .avi files. I really need this sleep/reboot issue fixed.

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I have not had the sleep issue or random reboot occure since the last update. The only thing I see occurring more is force closes of the web browser and Google reader, but that is not very often, maybe once or twice a day...

dbillman

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Chadnoyd, is there any trick to getting avi files to play? I can put them on the tablet but when I click them to play, the toshiba media player comes up and nothing happens. Its like the player is frozen or just wont start the avi files. MP4 files work fine though. Are there any free converters I could get either?

mrnserv

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Prior to last update would not wake from sleep at least once daily. Now after update, no problems at all with sleep, no other problems experienced. :cool:

chadnoyb

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Chadnoyd, is there any trick to getting avi files to play? I can put them on the tablet but when I click them to play, the toshiba media player comes up and nothing happens. Its like the player is frozen or just wont start the avi files. MP4 files work fine though. Are there any free converters I could get either?
dbillman, there was nothing special that I did to have the .avi files play on the thrive. I haven't used the Toshiba default player that much. I prefer a free app one called "RockPlayer Lite."

The .avi file type is nothing more than a container file, and there are many different video types that use .avi extension. It may be that the .avi files you are using have a codex that is not supported default.

"RockPlayer Lite" does give you the option to decode the videos using hardware or software. It will play most video types. I have enjoyed the media upgrades because I am now able to use the hardware decoder to play the .avi files I use. If you are unable to use hardware decoder the software decoder may allow you to play your .avi files. I tried other media player that were rated near 5 start on the market and they did not work for me and this one did. The only thing I don't like about "RockPlayer Lite" is the small "R" it leaves in the upper right corner of the screen. I hope that helps you play your .avi files.

Last edited:

dbillman

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Chadnoyb. Rock player lite seems to be working with my avi files after i chose the software decoding option when trying to play the videos!

HippyRandall

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have heard that the 032 update has fixed the issue...again. I only ever had the sleep issue once and even after applying the netflix hack I don't didn't have the issues with the back camera that it seems a lot of other people had. I love my rooted Thrive.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allirose