Slow downloading in Google Play

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I traverse this forum though I have a note 8... d:^) Having this same issue. I don't use wifi, and forced stopped, cleared cache etc and when i noticed it happens over many days and different states I simply relaxed saying: ah Google servers. peace

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't know that an app is causing it as it's never happened before. All apps I have are the same, nothing new. I also did a factory reset not too long ago.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't know that an app is causing it as it's never happened before. All apps I have are the same, nothing new. I also did a factory reset not too long ago.

No I don't think a app either causing this , try taking play store out of battery optimization .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm not trying to be stupid, but how do I do that?

If you go into settings type in the search bar , optimized battery usage tap on that you see a little drop down menu choose all then turn off play store which will be toggled on

Attachments

• 2234.jpg
    2234.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 28

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
So it looks like I have made an error... Any feedback would be helpful!
Finally got impatient with Google Play Store today when it was trying to update apps and taking forever; cleared cache and data in Google Play services AND Google Play Store. rebooted the phone.
NOW, I don't see my installed apps on Play Store... oops. They're still on the phone though will they eventually be recognized by google on my phone or have I messed up? And since Google doesn't "see" them, will updates normally arrive as well or...?
Again, any input would be appreciated. Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So it looks like I have made an error... Any feedback would be helpful!
Finally got impatient with Google Play Store today when it was trying to update apps and taking forever; cleared cache and data in Google Play services AND Google Play Store. rebooted the phone.
NOW, I don't see my installed apps on Play Store... oops. They're still on the phone though will they eventually be recognized by google on my phone or have I messed up? And since Google doesn't "see" them, will updates normally arrive as well or...?
Again, any input would be appreciated. Thanks

They will reappear again for updates , you just cleared it out after resetting the app .

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
They will reappear again for updates , you just cleared it out after resetting the app .

Thanks Mustang, appreciate your response.
One last query on this subject: it seems that apps I payed to get rid of ads etc. are having ads again. Any suggestions?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks Mustang, appreciate your response.
One last query on this subject: it seems that apps I payed to get rid of ads etc. are having ads again. Any suggestions?
Your welcome!
Good question , maybe once get the playstore issue going maybe will fix that also .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The other thing I can also suggest with the play store issues is rebooting in recovery and clear system cache see what happens

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
@Hghlndr, if the "pay to get rid of apps" was installing another app, install the other app again. If it was "type the code in here", try typing it in again.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I had this same problem last night. App updates would download slow and hang in the 90% area. They would eventually update but it took a long time. I tried clearing the cache of play service and play store. Did nothing. I then tried clearing the phone cache. Nothing. I finally gave up. I set the app updates to "update all" and went to bed. I got up this morning and they did all update. I had 5 more updates this morning. I tried those and they worked perfectly normal. I wonder if it was an issue on the Google side of things that they fixed overnight?