Slow downloading in Google Play

baxxc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Disable google app, then clear cache then reset phone. Keep google disabled. You will lose some google home features while it's disabled.

Last edited:

mark 2020

Jan 10, 2020
Visit site
Is anyone still having this issue? It's been plaguing me for a week, and I've tried all the suggestions, including two factory resets.

Also I've never had Alexa installed.

mark 2020

Jan 10, 2020
Visit site
PEOPLE OF THE FUTURE STILL HAVING THIS PROBLEM: I present to you a possible fix!

So I was also having what I thought was an unrelated issue of text messages not always going through, or just being wonky in general. The fix for that was to swap in someone else's SIM card for 10-20 minutes, which worked!

And when I flipped back over to Google Play, suddenly that was working too!! So I can only guess it was rewriting some corrupt APN setting or something in carrier services (which persisted through multiple factory resets). No idea why Google is calling to it, especially when I was on WiFi and the SIM card had been removed for a day.

baxxc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Tried this, worked for a bit then came back. Only thing that really works for good is disableing the google app and clearing its cache. Reset phone and leave it disabled. Works all the time.

PEOPLE OF THE FUTURE STILL HAVING THIS PROBLEM: I present to you a possible fix!

So I was also having what I thought was an unrelated issue of text messages not always going through, or just being wonky in general. The fix for that was to swap in someone else's SIM card for 10-20 minutes, which worked!

And when I flipped back over to Google Play, suddenly that was working too!! So I can only guess it was rewriting some corrupt APN setting or something in carrier services (which persisted through multiple factory resets). No idea why Google is calling to it, especially when I was on WiFi and the SIM card had been removed for a day.

baxxc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Please try this:
If if you have another simcard on another network see if that fixes the issue - You might be saying but if i try in flight mode with just wifi the problem still exists which is true but still try it. I was traveling in Asia and had no issues using my ravel sim, but as soon as I stuck my rogers card back in the problem came back. Also try with no sim. You will still have to clear your cache but i was able to keep the google app enabled the entire 3 weeks with out issue. When I put my rogers sim back in , within 24 hours the problem was back. The problem is either related to a sim card issue or a network issue. I would think a bad sim because you would think if its related to rogers flight mode would fix the issue? Im testing now with no sim and am going to get a new rogers sim tomorrow. Please let me know your results with different network sim or new sim or no sim if any of them helped.

BTW i had to disable both google and alexa - This is a really strange bug and it will be nice to finally conclude what the real problem is, it cant be the apps as it works without the apps on , with another network and sim. It must be sim or network related which is also effected by the google and alexa app.

The solution is near!

Tried this, worked for a bit then came back. Only thing that really works for good is disabling the google app and clearing its cache. Reset phone and leave it disabled. Works all the time.

baxxc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
This problem went away. I went to Thailand used a thai simcard with no issues , then came back to Canada and problem came back. Removed google app and it was working again. Few days later i installed google again and it has been working for at least a week. Maybe some fix was sent? Have not added back alexa yet. Anyone else notice it was working now?

baxxc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
After years of having this problem it is gone. I did use another simcard from asia for 3 weeks and when I returned the problem was gone. If you can run your system on another network simcard for a day or 2 and see if that helps. Then wash your hands :) Please let other know if this helped you.

mjm2007

Apr 23, 2020
Visit site
I have had this problem for some time. I just rebooted my phone in safe mode, turned off airplane mode and went to the play store app and was able to update 29 apps with no problem while still in safe mode.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have had this problem for some time. I just rebooted my phone in safe mode, turned off airplane mode and went to the play store app and was able to update 29 apps with no problem while still in safe mode.
You should go over things mentioned in this thread , lot of good suggestions.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. I did all of those except switching out the SIM. None seemed to work. Safe Mode did the trick here
Hi, that usually means a app or application you installed is causing the issue, unless you mean after exiting safe mode the problem gone away?

mjm2007

Apr 23, 2020
Visit site
No. The problem still exists. Each time I use safe mode I am able to update apps, but when I try in normal mode it usually stalls. How would I be figure out which app is causing the problem. I have a lot of them that don't load when I am in safe mode.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
No. The problem still exists. Each time I use safe mode I am able to update apps, but when I try in normal mode it usually stalls. How would I be figure out which app is causing the problem. I have a lot of them that don't load when I am in safe mode.
If it was me I start with latest ones download

m0mmu

Jul 7, 2020
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but I think I've figured out how to solve the issue. Hopefully it might help others.

Methods I tried that was a temporary solution
1) Disable Google app
2) Clear cache/data for play store and play services
3) Turn off Bluetooth and Mobile data.
4) Restart

Permanent solution
While clearing cache/data I noticed I had 2 google services app. This is because I was using dual messenger/parallel app function on my Note 9. I am guessing somehow this is causing play store to play up. I removed the dual messenger function and restarted (had to do it 2 times) to get rid of second google services app. This fixed all the download issue.

P.S I did uninstall Alexa as well

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I know this is an old thread but I think I've figured out how to solve the issue. Hopefully it might help others.

Methods I tried that was a temporary solution
1) Disable Google app
2) Clear cache/data for play store and play services
3) Turn off Bluetooth and Mobile data.
4) Restart

Permanent solution
While clearing cache/data I noticed I had 2 google services app. This is because I was using dual messenger/parallel app function on my Note 9. I am guessing somehow this is causing play store to play up. I removed the dual messenger function and restarted (had to do it 2 times) to get rid of second google services app. This fixed all the download issue.

P.S I did uninstall Alexa as well
Hi, welcome to AC!
Glad you found a solution