Slow downloading in Google Play

svtcobra

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Just in case you do. I have to turn off my VPN for Google Play store to download correctly. Once I had to temp turn off my antivirus.

TX Jedi

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Not only do I have the same problem, but also Twitter takes forever to load pics/video. And my WiFi strength is very good.

ryguardiano

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
Recently I've noticed that when updating apps, they download horribly slow. Like they will almost fully download and then hang just at the end. I've tried clearing data and cache + force closing the Google Play store and I've uninstalled updates. I've also done the same to the Download Manager. My router's firmware was just updated and it was rebooted 2 or 3 times. Anything else that I can try?
Your internal storage is full try to minimize it, uninstall apps that you had not use, try to install your apps in external memory

ryguardiano

Apr 28, 2019
Visit site
Recently I've noticed that when updating apps, they download horribly slow. Like they will almost fully download and then hang just at the end. I've tried clearing data and cache + force closing the Google Play store and I've uninstalled updates. I've also done the same to the Download Manager. My router's firmware was just updated and it was rebooted 2 or 3 times. Anything else that I can try?
Your internal storage is almost full, try to install it to external storage

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
@Rukbat and @mustang7757: thank you both for your suggestions. After about 65 hours all apps showed back up in the play store app and only one app needs attending to with ad upgrade.
Still slow with Play Store App updates: took 25m for 9 apps. Crazy

@ryguardiano: yeah this doesn't have anything to do with storage in my case... good suggestion though.

Last edited by a moderator:

air2desk

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Having same type of problem, though it has been hanging up while installing new apps. Right at the end of the process, just as OP wrote. No changes to phone and this started about 2 weeks ago.

Seth Mishne

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
if someone has a fix for this other than doing a factory reset then please let me know. this has started happening on my Verizon s9 last tuesday and it is so annoying. I tried clearing cache and data from play store and download manager cache with no luck. i am sometimes able to close play store and open it again if apps goes to 100% after installing it otherwise i have to wait forever for apps to update. apps take forever to install and update take a long time too even if the download isn't very big. I used to only have this problem with really big apps. i do remember installing a big app on tuesday and after i opened it i decided that i no longer wanted it. i wonder if that has something to do with it. I may have been almost out of space after downloading that app so I deleted some games i haven't been playing in a while to make sure I had room for the app. I have over 4 gbs free so space should not be a issue. I thought I was the only one having a problem but I am glad that it is not just me. I have had problems on older galaxy devices but never on my s9 which is almost a year old. this problem is driving me crazy as it took about at least two hours to download two updates. I even decided to to delete apps that had updates that I don't care about as I was tired of waiting for these apps to actually update. please let me know if anyone has a permanent fix for this. is this a google, samsung or verizon problem? i really want this problem to be fixed as it is supper annoying.

Seth Mishne

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
i've also had a couple of delayed with some apps like gamefly, gmail and instagram where it takes at least 30 mins after the fact to appear on my phone. i'm not sure if this has anything to do with the play store download problems or not. I just wonder what the problem is with the playstore download problems and how to fix this problem.

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Yeah... thought this went away, as after i did the play services AND play store cache and data clear it was still s l o w!
(My apps finally showed up after 3 days in the Installed Tab of the play store though subscriptions with specific apps had to contact developer).
I always manually update and today had apps show up like 6-7 a couple times throughout the day. First batch wizzed through the install, 2nd batch not so much. This tells me Verizon could be a problem with network congestion or google could be blah blah blah. After 20m of google maps hanging i cancelled the download and did them 1 at a time: ALL wizzed through their install. Verdict...? Whatever... welcome to technology as we close in on 2020. O:) :cool:

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It seems to be back to normal this morning. I had 4 apps to update and they all downloaded and installed within 30 seconds.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm having same issue on my pixel 3xl and nothing worked that I tried, I'm thinking server side issue, on my Samsung devices no issues.

sbielecki

May 2, 2019
Visit site
Just want to chime in and say that I have this issue on my P3XL. Tried clearing the data and cache, as well as a full factory reset with no luck. Issue persists regardless if I'm on my WiFi, company WiFi, or LTE. My Fiance has a P2XL and has no issue whatsoever.

Downloading an app is blazing fast and then suddenly stalls at 99%. This is super frustrating.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Just want to chime in and say that I have this issue on my P3XL. Tried clearing the data and cache, as well as a full factory reset with no luck. Issue persists regardless if I'm on my WiFi, company WiFi, or LTE. My Fiance has a P2XL and has no issue whatsoever.

Downloading an app is blazing fast and then suddenly stalls at 99%. This is super frustrating.

It dont see anything else, I'm thinking server side Google.
I was happy it happened to me so I could try different things and none worked.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Update: my pixel 3xl was having this issues
When I went into play store by long press then app info clear storage and back to working, so clear data be in the Note 9.

Denis666

Jul 19, 2019
Visit site
Hello. I have the same problem with an app stuck at 99% while downloading. But it only happens when my pixel XL is charging. As soon as I disconnect it from the power source, it starts installing and everything works

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174