Slow downloading in Google Play

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello. I have the same problem with an app stuck at 99% while downloading. But it only happens when my pixel XL is charging. As soon as I disconnect it from the power source, it starts installing and everything works

That's strange behavior, try post in pixel forums see if anyone encounter this.

HumanJHawkins

Dec 26, 2018
Visit site
I was dealing with another (probably unrelated) issue, and then ran into this. So figured it was time for a factory reset.

Well... I don't advise the factory reset, as the only thing that changed was that now I have 30+ apps that won't reinstall because this issue is still present. I notice that even the built in apps do this on attempt to update. The update will also freeze at 99%. In my case, I'm on a OneTouch 6t.

I've tried everything suggested here, including turning off WiFi and using cellular data. I was about to suggest looking into firewalls, but the cellular data test should have eliminated that as a possibility.

If anyone discovers what is up, please come back here and fill us in.
Thanks.

breakfr

Sep 21, 2019
Visit site
So i've been around this thread for solutions and I didn't find any, the only solution that worked was killing the Google and google play store app, clearing their cache, clearing their data, and clearing all the data (history etc...) from the google app.
This trick worked and my phone and play store are back to usual.
if anyone needed another fix maybe this could work

eclectricbunda

Sep 26, 2019
Visit site
I can confirm that killing the Google app works. I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 on Verizon and this fixed the issue. Here were my steps:

1) Stop current / pending downloads in Google Play Store

2) Disable Google App

3) Clear cache / data for Google Play Store

4) Restart device (for good measure)

5) Resume updating apps (once they show up again in the store, downloading a new app may trigger this)

6) Re-enable Google app (I was able to do this without recreating the problem)

Good luck!

Slartey

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm that killing the Google app works. I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 on Verizon and this fixed the issue. Here were my steps:

1) Stop current / pending downloads in Google Play Store

2) Disable Google App

3) Clear cache / data for Google Play Store

4) Restart device (for good measure)

5) Resume updating apps (once they show up again in the store, downloading a new app may trigger this)

6) Re-enable Google app (I was able to do this without recreating the problem)

Good luck!

Disabling the Google app is not possible on my device - it's greyed out. Clearing the Play store cache only did not help. Will keep paying around with this.

Can certainly confirm the issue is with the device; my old S9+ is working just fine, but not my S10+.

Slartey

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Cleared cache and cleared data from Google Play Store and then the same with Google Play services, followed by a restart of the phone solved the problem for me.

PJSisk01

Nov 21, 2019
Visit site
11/21/2019 - Just got a new Note 9 with Android 9, unlocked from Samsung. Device runs on T-Mobile and my issue described below occurs on both the cellular and Wifi networks in my home. The problem appeared to start this week and I didn’t notice it last week when I first got the phone. Very similar to issues found in this thread, but here is my detail.

1. Go to Play Store and install an app, any app (I’ve tried about 20 since the problem started).
2. For the most part, the app gets to 100% rapidly, 99% or lower on occasion. It then just sits there with the open button still unavailable.
3. If I go out of the Play Store, kill its process and relaunch it, he app icon appears in the app drawer within seconds and shows as installed in the Play Store if I search for it again.

The only time this process did not work is when I did not Google App disabled. In that scenario, the app just hung at 99%, it’s status in Play Store shown as “installing” but it never showed on the phone. I had to disable the Google App and restart, I then had the app on the phone.

I have tried every suggestion in this thread several times, in different orders, all failed.

Any ideas left to ponder with this?

baxxc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Removing Amazon Alexa then Cleared cache and cleared data from Google Play Store and then the same with Google Play services, followed by a restart of the phone solved the problem for me so far. I have not reinstalled Alexa.

Last edited:

baxxc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Removing Amazon Alexa then Cleared cache and cleared data from Google Play Store and then the same with Google Play services, followed by a restart of the phone solved the problem for me so far. I have not reinstalled Alexa.

Last edited:

PJSisk01

Nov 21, 2019
Visit site
So I haven't seen the notifications issue you mention but I have been able to replicate what seems to cause the slow download --> installation step in Play Store. After resetting the phone twice and going through each app install separately the problem started to occur right after I installed Amazon Alexa to manage my smart home devices. After this install every other app seemed to hang during "downloading" portion of the install for minutes and the only way I was able to move to the "installing" portion of the install was to exit Play Store, Kill the running Play Store app and then relaunch. About 50% of the time this would cause the install to occur. Once I uninstalled Alexa and restarted the phone, the installs went as normal.
I have kept Alexa off the phone and ave not seen the issue again.

Dec 13, 2019
Visit site
So I haven't seen the notifications issue you mention but I have been able to replicate what seems to cause the slow download --> installation step in Play Store. After resetting the phone twice and going through each app install separately the problem started to occur right after I installed Amazon Alexa to manage my smart home devices. After this install every other app seemed to hang during "downloading" portion of the install for minutes and the only way I was able to move to the "installing" portion of the install was to exit Play Store, Kill the running Play Store app and then relaunch. About 50% of the time this would cause the install to occur. Once I uninstalled Alexa and restarted the phone, the installs went as normal.

Same problems fro me: Samsung Galaxy S10+. Just did the cache/contents/restart thing, and still hanging. I'll try killing Alexa.

Dec 13, 2019
Visit site
Try long press play store , tap info then scroll to storage and clear data,cache,force stop it
Oh, I did all of that before I went this far. Cleared cache, force quitted, cleared storage, restarted. It did it again for the last 12 hours, sadly.

iamaven

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

I had the same issue with Alexa. Trying to get through to someone at Amazon Alexa support. Below are the steps I took. I also wiped and factory reset my phone multiple times

Steps to reproduce
1) Install Amazon Alexa Application from the Play Store
2) Wait for an application to need updating
3) Allow the application to update

Observed response
1) Application update downloads to 99% or nearly 99%
2) Application stays in this status for several hours. Sometimes it will complete after 3-4 hours, sometimes not

Steps to resolve
1) Uninstall Alexa application
2) Trying to update at this time will still result in the same observed response above
3) Reboot the phone
4) Run application updates and they should complete in less than a minute each

I have been able to replicate this multiple times. Including the main device below

Hardware: Samsung Note 9 SM-N960U
OS: Android version 9 patched to level December 1, 2019
Alexa app version: Multiple, but tested most recently with 2.2.307833.0

baxxc

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe