So....Did Samsung just forget about the GN 10.1 2014?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Who called it a bug?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sorry, but when I saw the word "fix," it sounded to me like an error was corrected; hence, a bug.

In any event, I was not aware that all restrictions to installing apps on the card had been removed. If so, that's good news, sort of, but at the same time, however, we're told that there are many restrictions now on where 3rd party apps can store data--only in their own folders, as a security feature. Google gives and Google takes away. :)

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, but when I saw the word "fix," it sounded to me like an error was corrected; hence, a bug.

In any event, I was not aware that all restrictions to installing apps on the card had been removed. If so, that's good news, sort of, but at the same time, however, we're told that there are many restrictions now on where 3rd party apps can store data--only in their own folders, as a security feature. Google gives and Google takes away. :)

Well the fix I was referring to wasn't from Google it was from rooting and installing a custom ROM

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Well the fix I was referring to wasn't from Google it was from rooting and installing a custom ROM

Another false hope...Dashed..... Do not really want to have to root device.... This is beginning to sound like PC operating systems, only "good enough" for lower to mid level users..... But not good enough for "power user"....

Dale

Last edited:

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
The latest build is still 4.3 and as others and myself have reported its the smoothest ROM yet. Fixes multi touch issues. So if you do upgrade your SD will still work.

Please bear with me Russell. I not sure if you're talking 3rd party ROMs/rooted etc and I won't be rooting my tablet (those days are behind me <g>)
Are YOU talking rooted or non-rooted? The fix for the external SD problem....rooted or an (American) update coming from Samsung?
OK, rereading further down, I think I found my answer. Samsung (or Google) hasn't lifted this restriction for the external SD, it's a 3rd party ROM.
So when you said "There have been 3 total. One going to mk1, and now two more in the last week", you weren't talking about Samsung updates, right?
And when you said "The latest build is still 4.3 and as others and myself have reported its the smoothest ROM yet. Fixes multi touch issues. So if you do upgrade your SD will still work."
you weren't talking Samsung updates, right? I wish you would specify in the future please :)

Russell Estridge

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Please bear with me Russell. I not sure if you're talking 3rd party ROMs/rooted etc and I won't be rooting my tablet (those days are behind me <g>)
Are YOU talking rooted or non-rooted? The fix for the external SD problem....rooted or an (American) update coming from Samsung?
OK, rereading further down, I think I found my answer. Samsung (or Google) hasn't lifted this restriction for the external SD, it's a 3rd party ROM.
So when you said "There have been 3 total. One going to mk1, and now two more in the last week", you weren't talking about Samsung updates, right?
And when you said "The latest build is still 4.3 and as others and myself have reported its the smoothest ROM yet. Fixes multi touch issues. So if you do upgrade your SD will still work."
you weren't talking Samsung updates, right? I wish you would specify in the future please :)

Haha sorry Monica, the updates are Samsung updates, just pushed to different countries first. And I downloaded them and installed them via Odin. No root needed for that. But since they are for this model it really doesn't matter what country they are from. And you are correct, you can not fix the SD problem KitKat will bring without being rooted unless a developer makes a ROM you don't need root for. Which is very possible. So if the SD card issue that KitKat brings is a do or die for you just stick with 4.3 and if you don't want to bother with Odin just wait for the official update to your device via ota.

mustbepbs

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I understand what you're saying. And, it almost makes sense. But the Note 10.1 (2014) is still being sold right there in Best Buy next to the Pro models. That being the case, who would buy a Note 10.1 with 4.3 when the one right next to it has 4.4?

Actually, the answer to that question is me. I bought a Note 10.1 which was sitting there next to the Tab Pro. Why? It's a better machine.

You're comparing apples and oranges. There is no Note Pro 10.1. The Tab Pro 10.1 isn't the same and isn't for the same audience, the Note is for note takers, artists and business users. Tab Pro is just for consumption. Until there is a Note Pro 10.1 or a Note 10.1 2015, I expect this version to be kept up to date with their other offerings. And no, the 12.2 isn't the "new 10.1", that's a niche product for those who want ginormous screens.