So I just came back from verizon store and i have 3 points to make

Status
Not open for further replies.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Wait, did I miss the post where Oxn said we'd have more news or are you guys just mistaking the fact his Droid Charge was supposed to arrive today?

Edit: Yes I did.
I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to substantiate this with, but I have a strange feeling that this device will be available on June thirtieth.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Sweet, now I only need to go back in time 9 Days and get one. AWESOME!!!
30th. Sometimes have trouble with numbers on the Xoom on this forum. Here's the logic. Would be in best interests to have available before 7/7. It is now technically summer. Moto rarely tweets. Usually roll out devices on Thursday. My gal at the VZ store flat out REFUSED to sell me a Charge yesterday knowing I wanted the Bionic as she knew I was worried about the unlimited thing.

Reactions: orchidsbloom

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
oh reallyyy.... you poke at my heart strings sir.
True story. She wouldn't tell me anything. And yesterday we had no clarity about being grandfathered. The store reps get paid for activations, not phone sales. Had I upgraded to the Charge she would have received an activation and would have been paid a commission, and she REFUSED to do it. OXN? What say you?

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd be furious if that were the case. At least I would be within my 14 days and can take everything back. I had an entire store sit there and listen to me talk about waiting for the bionic and with all the tiered stuff going on and what the CSR I talked to said about going from BB to Android was sketchy if it would qualify for grandfather while I was getting my charge to make sure I was locked in. Not a peep, and I know one of the guys and he just sat there nodding his head. Cmon OXN say something. I know I shouldn't get pissed over something unconfirmed but just the thought of waiting since CES for Bionic and for it to release just after I got a charge would really get me heated.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd be furious if that were the case. At least I would be within my 14 days and can take everything back. I had an entire store sit there and listen to me talk about waiting for the bionic and with all the tiered stuff going on and what the CSR I talked to said about going from BB to Android was sketchy if it would qualify for grandfather while I was getting my charge to make sure I was locked in. Not a peep, and I know one of the guys and he just sat there nodding his head. Cmon OXN say something. I know I shouldn't get pissed over something unconfirmed but just the thought of waiting since CES for Bionic and for it to release just after I got a charge would really get me heated.
Here's another reason. Q2 ends June thirtieth. Moto will be able to book those sales for this quarter because presumably VZW will have already paid for them from Moto. When you buy one at the store is when VZW recoups their money, and subsequently will receive their revenue through your monthly bill, further protecting their investment by early termination fee.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
And another thing. It seems apparent to me that VZW has purposely telegraphed the tiered pricing. Why? To get as many people as possible to upgrade NOW by buying one of the three available LTE devices, AND giving many customers one full week to get their hands on the Bionic with unlimited LTE. These are all circumstantial arguments on my part and possibly some wishful thinking. Don't want to get anyone's hopes up or piss anyone off. Just sharing what rolls around my sordid brain.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Well until i hear anything I guess I hold onto my charge. Better to have a decent phone (charge) than a crappy phone(ala my old storm 2). Quick question, has anyone ACTUALLY done one of the 14 day exchanges? what do they let you do? Another CSR said I can take everything back and get my NE2 and 2yr pricing back for the restocking fee. Is that just for phone or everything

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Well until i hear anything I guess I hold onto my charge. Better to have a decent phone (charge) than a crappy phone(ala my old storm 2). Quick question, has anyone ACTUALLY done one of the 14 day exchanges? what do they let you do? Another CSR said I can take everything back and get my NE2 and 2yr pricing back for the restocking fee. Is that just for phone or everything
Everything. CSR was correct. I bought the Charge last month (from that same gal I was telling you about). I only bought it to use LTE in Disneyworld. Brought it back and the only thing on my bill was the restocking fee and my account returned to the exact same status as if I had never done it.

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Everything. CSR was correct. I bought the Charge last month (from that same gal I was telling you about). I only bought it to use LTE in Disneyworld. Brought it back and the only thing on my bill was the restocking fee and my account returned to the exact same status as if I had never done it.
Ok that makes me feel a little better. Hell they won't have to worry about loosing a sale because i would be right back for bionic.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok that makes me feel a little better. Hell they won't have to worry about loosing a sale because i would be right back for bionic.
exactly. You could always sling the Charge on EBay as well. I really liked the charge but the battery life was terrible. Not as bad as the tbolt, not as good as my Droid x. Not nearly. I also liked the embedded task killer on the charge from Samsung. I don't use task killers, but samsungs bloat had one on it. Was basically an app shortcut instead of having to go to settings>applications>running services, etc...

testt

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

That's a real trashy thing to do. They don't offer the 14 day return policy so you can use it for fun, then return it. They offer it so people who truly dislike the phone can return it. Companies always have to take away positive policy's like this because people like you abuse it, so please don't.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
That's a real trashy thing to do. They don't offer the 14 day return policy so you can use it for fun, then return it. They offer it so people who truly dislike the phone can return it. Companies always have to take away positive policy's like this because people like you abuse it, so please don't.
Whatever. They charged me a restocking fee for it. Why do you think they do that? Direct your sanctimonious attitude toward someone else.

bworley50

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
And another thing. I bet someone who got a defective device is using it right now as a replacement and is happy. I liked it, yes. Not enough to keep it.

testt

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Whatever. They charged me a restocking fee for it. Why do you think they do that? Direct your sanctimonious attitude toward someone else.

Maybe because they have to restock it? Check for damage or missing parts, clear the phone, repackage if necessary, and update the system. All this takes time, even tho it's basically brand new and will be sold as used. Verizon loses profit over this and it's not for having pleasure trips with phones.

And another thing. I bet someone who got a defective device is using it right now as a replacement and is happy. I liked it, yes. Not enough to keep it.

You could have just edited your post than making other one.

Also, Verizon still loses profit. They don't like it, but it makes their customers who really need it happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci