So, why aren't you getting the 3/3 XL?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Just went back to the Pixel 2 XL after using the Pixel 2 for several months. Got a warranty replacement panda from original owner at a good price. Looks new and has none of the screen issues. Was able to transfer ownership with warranty until Oct. 2020. Still have the Pixel 2 as a backup. Planning on skipping the Pixel 3/XL and seeing what they offer with the next gen Pixels.

RedCarp703

Nov 5, 2018
Visit site
I'm not getting the 3XL because of:

- the notch
- incremental changes

I believe the 4XL will be a more dramatic leap forwards in capability and battery life. Initial reviews here and on HowardForums point to *decreased* battery life on the 3XL compared to the 2XL, which is absurd.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I may get one on Black Friday deal.

I couldn't begin to justify upgrading for primarily iterative updates with the net cost given the increased retail and decreased trade-in values of the 3 XL and 2 XL vs where they were set last year; with the BF promo I'm going to have to reevaluate - it's a net cost of about $445 after taxes and trade-in credit, but would also have greater residual value than my 2 XL would have to trade in next year, likely something to the tune of around $200 when modeled after the difference between the OG XL and the 2XL values of this year, so a true net cost of around $245.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
My 2XL is still working well enough that there's not enough upgraded on the 3 to justify the swap for me. Some of the stuff on the 3 is just software upgrades that the 2 has also gotten. Plus I can't stand the fact they went to an all glass phone... #longlivepanda lol

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
My 2XL is still working well enough that there's not enough upgraded on the 3 to justify the swap for me. Some of the stuff on the 3 is just software upgrades that the 2 has also gotten. Plus I can't stand the fact they went to an all glass phone... #longlivepanda lol

Same. Though tbh, I miss the days of high quality plastic-body phones, like the Nexus 6. Much better durability, allowed for wireless charging, and helped keep both upfront and repair costs down. And if you're like what is probably 90% of the people out there, and keep it in a case, it just makes more sense from a practical perspective.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Same. Though tbh, I miss the days of high quality plastic-body phones, like the Nexus 6. Much better durability, allowed for wireless charging, and helped keep both upfront and repair costs down. And if you're like what is probably 90% of the people out there, and keep it in a case, it just makes more sense from a practical perspective.
Same. I was just actually talking with my dad about that yesterday. He's looking for a budget phone and the one he was looking at had a plastic back which he thought meant the phone was low quality. I LOVED when phones were still plastic with replaceable batteries... The only reason I even use a case now is BECAUSE the phone materials are easily damaged now...

diggy33

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
My 2XL does everything I need it tondo, and quite well. Unless this thing gwts damaged beyond repair or stolen, I dont feel a need to upgrade. And honestly, I would probably get another 2XL if something did happen to it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1aas