So your getting the S5, what are you willing to pay?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Simple question. You willing to pay full boat of contract/full price if necessary?

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Neutrino

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Really doesn't matter to me. I'm signing up for the 12 month AT&T Next program. 32 GB model. Probably looking at 32-34/month in financing.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

RJV3

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Sticking with the s4 until my Verizon contact is up. By then the s6 will be out lol.

Sent from my Hyperdrive Rls 14 Galaxy S4

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I suspect the S5 will be in the $699 range for full price. I'm going to buy - how fast depends on what accessories are available on launch day. I prefer Spigen cases and I bet they already have something in the works.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I suspect the S5 will be in the $699 range for full price. I'm going to buy - how fast depends on what accessories are available on launch day. I prefer Spigen cases and I bet they already have something in the works.

$699 seems awfully high. Their Note line is supposed to be "better" and having it at that price would kind of go against that. I'm guessing $629 at release data again

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Is what you are talking about for a 32 gb?. Hopefully VZW learned its lesson with the S4 or that. I sure have enjoyed my S4 32 gb or the past months. Sold all the other phones I had a while back and did not root or put a rom on my S4. I am just waiting to hear more about the S5 as to weather I will spring for it or not. Oh BTW what is the Glock thing. I don't own a Glock but none of my weapons are nickle plated but all are equipped with laser which put those little red dots on intruders chests or foreheads. I got the Outer Box with my S4 not the expensive one. I got the cheapest Outerbox VZW sold. I was happy with that but not as happy as the case I got with the S3 when I bought it. Maybe I will try a Spigen case this time when I get the S5 32gb. I have been paying about $700.00 would not want to go over that but may wait until I start seeing them on Swappa.com before I buy.

Last edited:

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Is what you are talking about for a 32 gb?. Hopefully VZW learned its lesson with the S4 or that. I sure have enjoyed my S4 32 gb or the past months. Sold all the other phones I had a while back and did not root or put a rom on my S4. I am just waiting to hear more about the S5 as to weather I will spring for it or not. Oh BTW what is the Glock thing. I don't own a Glock but none of my weapons are nickle plated but all are equipped with laser which put those little red dots on intruders chests or foreheads. I got the Outer Box with my S4 not the expensive one. I got the cheapest Outerbox VZW sold. I was happy with that but not as happy as the case I got with the S3 when I bought it. Maybe I will try a Spigen case this time when I get the S5 32gb. I have been paying about $700.00 would not want to go over that but may wait until I start seeing them on Swappa.com before I buy.

I am hoping Samsung (and carriers as a whole) only start at a 32GB version and also off a 64GB version. I think the 16GB's are a thing of the past. I may be (and I hope I am) to high with putting a $699 price tag on it but time will tell. I have enjoyed my S4 as well but I'm ready for something different. I almost pulled the trigger on a HTC One from Swappa but after reading about the chipping and such to the exterior, I decided not to.

I too am waiting for more information on the S5 but I know I am getting it regardless. Maybe have it until the Note 4 drops (or whatever they call it). I've never been a fan of Motorola phones other than that fancy Razr V3 from back in the day. Lol.

I am partial to Spigen cases but there customer service has really taken a nose dive and as such has turned me off from them. I especially like their Glas.T Nano screen protectors. Yes, they are pricey but I'll never go back to the plastic ones again. That being said I'm sure the accessories are already in the works. Plus you can normally get their products through Amazon and with my Prime membership, I get them faster than Spigen shipping them.

The Glock thing is from my po-po days. I am a Glock fanatic.......lol.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
$699 seems awfully high. Their Note line is supposed to be "better" and having it at that price would kind of go against that. I'm guessing $629 at release data again

If I remember correctly, the S4 was $699 full price ($799 at Best Buy) when it was released. It'll be close to that. Say $649-$699.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Really doesn't matter to me. I'm signing up for the 12 month AT&T Next program. 32 GB model. Probably looking at 32-34/month in financing.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

I am looking to bail on Verizon and move over to AT&T and will likely go the same route with the 12 month NEXT option so that I can get an upgrade in a year and just keep on cruisin. Why not and save my self the hassle of resale issues. Of course IF Sammy makes a 64GB version would we see it in the US or will they play the microSD card crap and stick us with 20GB of usable space as usual.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am hoping Samsung (and carriers as a whole) only start at a 32GB version and also off a 64GB version. I think the 16GB's are a thing of the past. I may be (and I hope I am) to high with putting a $699 price tag on it but time will tell. I have enjoyed my S4 as well but I'm ready for something different. I almost pulled the trigger on a HTC One from Swappa but after reading about the chipping and such to the exterior, I decided not to.

I too am waiting for more information on the S5 but I know I am getting it regardless. Maybe have it until the Note 4 drops (or whatever they call it). I've never been a fan of Motorola phones other than that fancy Razr V3 from back in the day. Lol.

I am partial to Spigen cases but there customer service has really taken a nose dive and as such has turned me off from them. I especially like their Glas.T Nano screen protectors. Yes, they are pricey but I'll never go back to the plastic ones again. That being said I'm sure the accessories are already in the works. Plus you can normally get their products through Amazon and with my Prime membership, I get them faster than Spigen shipping them.

The Glock thing is from my po-po days. I am a Glock fanatic.......lol.

I want a 64GB version with the 64GB microSD card that will make the S5 all the better and out class anything else.

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Are you guys talking full, unlocked prices?

Or are these 2-year-contract prices?

Just curious. I was looking to switch from an iPhone 4S to a S5, but I was thinking something like a $399 + 2-year-contract deal.

If this thing will be over $600 with a contract, then I'm out!

:)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Are you guys talking full, unlocked prices?

Or are these 2-year-contract prices?

Just curious. I was looking to switch from an iPhone 4S to a S5, but I was thinking something like a $399 + 2-year-contract deal.

If this thing will be over $600 with a contract, then I'm out!

:)

Full price.
On contract will likely be $199 or $249, depending on the base storage :)

Netherscourge

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Full price.
On contract will likely be $199 or $249, depending on the base storage :)

PHEW!

lol

Yea, that's better. I'm looking at getting the higher-storage one for under $400. But then that's based on Apple's pricing range. I have no idea what Samsung usually charges for their Galaxy's at release with contracts.

I'm also thinking of switching from AT&T to Sprint for unlimited data plans, but still totally uncommitted to anything. My current plan ended last October, so I'm a free agent at the moment. lol

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
PHEW!

lol

Yea, that's better. I'm looking at getting the higher-storage one for under $400. But then that's based on Apple's pricing range. I have no idea what Samsung usually charges for their Galaxy's at release with contracts.

I'm also thinking of switching from AT&T to Sprint for unlimited data plans, but still totally uncommitted to anything. My current plan ended last October, so I'm a free agent at the moment. lol

Samsung phones are usually priced differently depending on the carrier, unlike Apple which charges the same across the board. And up until now they haven't had 3 storage options like Apple has, so I'm expecting 32/64

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Third party retailers are always going to raise the price.
Everyone but Verizon had it for less than $629

Third party or not they are still $699.....

Best Buy is even higher (as they always are) at $749.

The 16gb full price was $649

http://www.ibtimes.com/samsung-gala...smartphone-it-hits-10-million-sales-one-month

http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/24/4...-s4-on-verizon-start-tomorrow-ship-date-still

The 32gb version was $699.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...4-to-249-still-the-only-place-you-can-buy-it/

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick