Software Reset/Text Message woes

GrogTheDog

May 24, 2012
Visit site
My phone keeps not recieving text messages for periods of a couple hours to a day with no apparent pattern. I talked to a Verizon guy and he said that he had no idea but tried doing a software reset which worked for some time until now. Has anyone solved this problem or know how to do a software reset?

Thanks for your help
-Mr. Textless

GrogTheDog

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I just did a restart through the menu as well as power off and on and removed the battery and let it sit. I turned the phone back on and it is saying it is January 5, 1980 and the time of date is off by 3 hours.

-Mr. Time Traveler

Jrocker23

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My friend had this same issue and they had to issue him a new phone.Try bringing it to the store or call tech support again, you may need a new phone...

GrogTheDog

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I figured I would have to do that, thanks for the help!

Does anyone know how to reset the software other than through a hard reset? I have already tried resetting the phone by the menu and removing the battery.

-Mr. Textless

GrogTheDog

May 24, 2012
Visit site
After multiple battery-out restarts it started recieving again. I will post if I find a solution other than restarting the phone every ten minutes.

Thank you for the help Jrocker23!

- Mr. Texting Again

Forgetful

Energy hoarder
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
After multiple battery-out restarts it started recieving again. I will post if I find a solution other than restarting the phone every ten minutes.

Thank you for the help Jrocker23!

- Mr. Texting Again

TO do a full reset/wipe------ power off your phone. Hold volume down and power at the same time. This brings you to hboot. Now select "factory reset". Warning: This will erase all your app data, it's like getting a totally new phone. I dont remember if Pictures, video, and other things stored on the Sd card will still be saved though so transfer the contents of your SD card to your computer to be safe.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You can also go into Menu->Settings->Privacy and choose Factory Data Reset there.
Content on your SD card is safe, but if you have any pictures/videos/music in the internal memory that'll get wiped, so be sure you move/copy anything that you want. Depending on your backup method (Google? Backup Assistant? etc.) be sure to backup your contacts or export that data to your SD card.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX-80 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts