[Solved] Nexus 4 won't turn on or charge

harishaprabhu

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
even after completing the factory reset as shown in the youtube vide, the phone still has the google welcome screen and the 4 dots moving.

the phone is just not showing the welcome screen.

What has to be done now?

Izezio

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
'I'm extremely worried. I tried this probably over hundred times. It gets to the "Google" logo and imply shuts down. This happened once before, and it just randomly turned back on. I've been trying different cables and outlets and googled over 10 times to resolve this issue. Its been 4 days now, and Im about to give up hope. If I try to start the phone with the bootloader, it goes to the "Google" logo and then flashes a red light then turns off. It goes to the battery logo, and even starts charging. I left it to charge for over 24 hours and still, same issue. IS THERE STILL HOPE?:mad:

Daisy Lim

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey - sounds good, one question before I try it... Does this wipe the data on the phone? Or will photos/notes still be there? Thanks! (Just got back from an overseas trip and right at the end, my Nexus wouldn't turn on; it has ALL of my trip photos on it...Eep)

hello pittie

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Thankfully I found this thread - i thought my n4 was a goner. Since I had a slightly different route to recovery I'll share the details:

remove USB charger from phone
hold down vol down AND vol up AND power for ~20s
insert USB charger back into phone (in my case the other end is on a USB port on a Mac powerbook)
red light starts blinking; keeps blinking
after 10min, press power button, et voila the phone is back in business. no data loss, no apps disappearing, just like it was before the power had totally drained.

Dylan Rafter

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello, thank you for this video, I really thought you were going to save my phone! However even though I have followed and completed all the steps, my phone still refuses to turn on. Can you help me? I actually have the Samsung version of this phone, I hope that doesn't change much.

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone how much is an out of warranty from LG today? Went to a cell phone repair store and they told me that the motherboard is bad.

nexusphonenz

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks -it only finally worked for me when I read you had to hold the power and volume-down buttons together for 15 seconds then plug the charger in. I kept holding both buttons for about a minute. Then just held the power button down as normal to turn on. Thanks so much for the good advice.

Jorge Mompus

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Good Morning,
I have a nexus4 buy at ebay. I bought it new in its original box and sealed.
It has worked perfectly until yesterday. I was ussing for a while in the morning, then put it to charge about 2 hours, and when I went to touch it my surprise it was not run. I called from the home phone and communicated.

I've readed a million forums and nothing I reed works.
I can not get into the bootloader, do not I get the charge icon ... nothing. The most I get is:
-UNplugged the Charge
-Press Power + volume up; volume down; volume up + down (I've tried all three combinations) for 15 seconds (sometimes more than 15)
-plug the Charge and for 5 seconds the red LED lights. Then it red light is off and does nothing more.
If I leave the tight combination approx 15 seconds it comes back on the led.

I have one hour left charging ... two ... all night ... but always is the same. And the charge icon not appear
The phone battery lasted me a whole day. I had one bought google (that I stole), and the length was the same, so at least the battery was fine until yesterday.
I have tried several chargers. Powered with AC and USB ... nothing works for me .. just the red light.
Is possible to solution the issue?
Thank you

Amelia Volkova

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
you saved me ! [Solved] Nexus 4 won't turn on or charge

i'm so glad that now my nexus is on,i got scared,maybe it died and wouldn't turn on.and your article saved me ^_^ mine didn't show green android man either,just red light blinking and then it turned on :) :D :D

gabri13

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I need a little more help, ive tried all these methods people wrote and none of them worked for my nexus 4 the red light keeps blinking and when finally turns on after a few seconds when it gets to the google sign it turns off and the red light starts blinking agian....