Sound playing only in one ear from LGv10 Phone, help?

Roupels

May 2, 2018
Visit site
I have recently been experiencing problems where any headphones will stop working well with my phone within scarily fast. After maybe just a few hours worth of use, the sound will stop playing from one earphone (usually the left) entirely, become dampened/quiet, or have the control switch on the earbuds glitch out and randomly play music or change the volume drastically in any direction. At first I thought it was just me buying cheap earbuds that break too easily, but after finally becoming fed up with listening to music in one ear, I purchased a higher quality earbud but upon the first use showed the same problem. The earbuds worked fine on other devices but not the phone, leading me to believe it is a problem with the phone.

On a side note, one of the earbuds will play in both ears if a lot of constant pressure is forced on the jack, but will immediately stop working after the pressure is removed.

If you could help me with this problem or advise me in way of a solution I would appreciate it very well.
Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree, it's most likely an issue with the headphone jack. You're pushing the plug in all the way, so that you feel or hear it click into place, right? I ask this because some jacks can be pretty tight and require more pressure for the plug to be fully seated, and some users might be worried about applying too much pressure.

The other thing you can try is to use a can of compressed air to blow out the jack, and use a toothpick to root around to make sure there's no debris in there. If the problem persists, then you'll need to bring it to a repair shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia