speech typing...how do I start a new paragraph when typing with speech?

Lisahumphreys

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I love typing messages, emails, etc. using the SPEECH DICTATION feature, the little microphone.

The problem is...I can't figure out how to (or if there is a way to) start a new paragraph. Right now, I have to get the keyboard back and press enter to start a new a new paragraph. Otherwise it all runs together and is hard to read.

Since you can say "period" and it puts a period at the end of your sentence, I tried saying "paragraph" and "new paragraph" and "enter" and it simply types the words out.

Is there a command/way to start a new paragraph?

Thanks!!

Also, if there are other commands, please share them. I like using the dictation.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the stock Samsung keyboard? I don't even have that installed any more, but I believe if you say "new line" it'll make a new line. You might need to say it quickly, as I think if you say it slower it'll actually spell out the words "new line"

You might also try the word "return" if that doesn't work.

I use Swype's Dragon dictation, and "new line" works for it.

Winger-1

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, neither works. This is a HUGE headache for me too. There is very little real time savings if you have to carefully go back and carefully edit in all the paragraphs. It's about as fast just to type it. Very disappointing.