Sprint LG G3 Lollipop Update : Discussion, Bugs, Tips & Complaints

heath51

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Give it another day or two.. Give it a bit of time to settle in. I'm finding it to be very comparable to KK.
Thanks and I will...I hate having to tweak it even more just to keep the battery from dying so fast. I didn't have this problem with KK. I'm getting nightmares of my old S3..lol

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Re: Sprint LG G3 Lollipop Update : Discussion, Bugs, Tips & Complaints

Wow, I guess we lost a ton of control over battery saver. Thanks for the reply.

Stock KitKat had no battery saving feature, so LG built their own. Now we're stuck with the third-rate Google version built in to Lollipop.

scotty729

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to add this in case no one has found it since lollipop update, for all those that have said they do not like the lock screen notifications if you go into settings then sound you will see lock screen notification and the option to turn them off. Maybe it has been found already but just in case I hope it helps out.

Posted via Android Central App

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm having battery drain issues and problems enabling wifi calling since the Lollipop update...wondering if I am missing some firmware?

I point to a firmware issue, because since the update to lollipop I notice that when I reboot the Sprint Spark Splash screen is gone and I have an LG logo and LG splash screen now. Not that I am complaining some sprint crap has gone missing, but I wonder if it is related to missing firmware and causing my problems. Can anyone confirm for me their splash screen graphics?

robwaybro

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing connectivity stability issues on the OTA Lollipop update? I took the update last night and now it won't stay connected to my Jeep's system long enough to finish a song.

Yes, I seems I am experiencing Bluetooth connection problems playing music through my LG HBS-750 headset. It doesn't appear to disconnect, but it does stop playing and I have to restart it. Another oddity is sometimes it will resume where I was in the song and other times it will restart the song. Extremely frustrating as I am working with my hands and having to restart the music is a distraction.

I am also experiencing reduced battery life. I have not yet performed a factory reset but most likely will this weekend.

robwaybro

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm having battery drain issues and problems enabling wifi calling since the Lollipop update...wondering if I am missing some firmware?

I point to a firmware issue, because since the update to lollipop I notice that when I reboot the Sprint Spark Splash screen is gone and I have an LG logo and LG splash screen now. Not that I am complaining some sprint crap has gone missing, but I wonder if it is related to missing firmware and causing my problems. Can anyone confirm for me their splash screen graphics?

My Sprint splash screen is also gone and LGs displays

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested in knowing if people with issues have ever rooted their devices? Perhaps in trying to go back to stock, some files were missing and as a result have had a bad install. Otherwise, you guys/gals with problems def need to factory reset your devices. If I had your problems, thats what I'd do. Backup whatever important files you guys have in your device and FR it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I think my biggest complaint is the notifications handling w/ Lollipop or rather the way LG set it up. My Nexus and SHIELD TABLET I can simply select ALL and receive all my notifications. LG setup either Do not Disturb, Priority or OFF and after messing with all 3 I'm still missing a bunch of my notifications that come in.

I also noticed LG or Sprint removed the option to block calls from a specified number. I wonder why they removed that feature or at least I haven't found where its hidden yet :p

thatwilsonguy

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I am having serious problems with my G3 crashing my home router since the update. I have a WRT1900ac and have had no issues until now. When I connect my phone it almost immediately causes connection issues with other devices. As soon as I turn off wifi on my phone everything works.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Really glad I decided to hold out and rooted last week and flashed BarRin ZV6. L just seems like a mess.

JPD

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested in knowing if people with issues have ever rooted their devices? Perhaps in trying to go back to stock, some files were missing and as a result have had a bad install. Otherwise, you guys/gals with problems def need to factory reset your devices. If I had your problems, thats what I'd do. Backup whatever important files you guys have in your device and FR it.

I've never rooted and been stock all along... I do not have the Sprint Spark or Sprint Logo when powering down or starting up... Just the LG Stuff... I do think the battery life is a little bit worse. It's been almost a week without doing a hard reset... everything is running fine but I my hard reset to see what that does...

grumpygramps1

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have a high battery drain from the sprint zone app under location? Never had this before. I just force stopped it, but wondering why its using so much GPS.

Posted via the Android Central App

I did as well and also force stopped it. For some reason I still see the gps location icon in the notification tray when I'm not running any apps. I also had to go in and disable the Sprint Connection Optimizer. When I restarted the phone, some Sprint app (ID Pack may be?) installed a bunch of apps I deleted when I originally bought the phone i.e, Eureka offers, Uber, NBA Gametime. I deleted them again and re-setup my screens. So far no issues with it anymore.

JPD

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I gave in and did a hard reset... it changed things in a nefative way compared to what it was like before the reset. It was almost like the update didn't completely go through until i did the reset. There are still no sprint logos on start up... I'll give it a day or so to settle in...

Posted via Android Central App

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Really glad I decided to hold out and rooted last week and flashed BarRin ZV6. L just seems like a mess.

Quite the contrary for me actually. This Lollipop update has been pretty smooth considering I did not factory reset my device. No issues with my device whatsoever!

I've never rooted and been stock all along... I do not have the Sprint Spark or Sprint Logo when powering down or starting up... Just the LG Stuff... I do think the battery life is a little bit worse. It's been almost a week without doing a hard reset... everything is running fine but I my hard reset to see what that does...

Sorry to hear and thanks for your response! As much as I'm sure you don't want to factory reset, I'm pretty sure that doing so would resolve your issues. I don't know what you could do to resolve your issues other than FRing it.

My update has been smooth with no issues that I'm aware of. I will be factory resetting soon though since I have a lot of left over files within my system that I'd like to clear up and start from scratch for optimal performance.

cincydavid513

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I've been running lollipop for a week now without resetting phone and i think overall it's a good upgrade.. Only thing that i wished was more customization on the lock screen notifications..As far as Sprint goes i have no problems with them! They've always treating me good and i get great download speeds in my area..

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos