Sprint Plan Review

mdstaugler

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

Just got to looking over my wireless bill and trying to decide if any moves need to be made.

I'm on Sprint, with six lines tied to my account. I have five lines on a legacy Everything Data Share 1500 plan, and a single line on the $60 Unlimited plan. Four of the five lines of the EDS1500 plan are under contract (I took advantage of Sprint's deal on the HTC One M8 HKE around the holidays), and the $60 line is a BYOD, so no Easy Pay fees. I currently pay around $315/month for all six lines, and between the six of us, we use around 20 GB per month. My bill averages out to about $52/line, all with unlimited data. I haven't been able to find anything remotely close in terms of value, either with any of Sprint's current offerings or other carriers' plans. Am I missing anything, or should I hang onto the EDS1500 plan for dear life?

Thanks.

tedsc

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
The value of the EDS plan (I am on it too) is unlike the BYOD plans, the phones are subsidized at no cost to you so a $600 phone can be purchased for $200. You can still bring your own device to EDS if you want and it will work just fine if Sprint compatible but you won't get the $400 subsidy. Moving forward that subsidy is on 24 month cycle not 20 month cycle like before so the subsidy saves you roughly $16 a month per device rather than the $20 subsidy enjoyed previously per device. Even at 24 month cycle, the EDS is still a better deal though if you buy your device that way.

So I guess the question is how do you buy your devices?

mdstaugler

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Nearly all of our phones are purchased on-contract. But even so, it appears purchasing phones through Easy Pay and moving over to the Family Share Pack still comes out more expensive than my current plan, and I lose unlimited data. Appears it's pretty hard to beat unlimited everything for around $50 a line...

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko