Sprint S5 issue incoming calls answering automatically!

giuseppe iacono

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: SOLVED - Re: Sprint S5 issue incoming calls answering automatically! - SOLVED

I just started having this problem of auto answering on my sprint s5 and I've tried everything to solve it, what i finally came up with is while I'm near a WiFi connection I switch on the WiFi calling option on the s5 and whammo the phone operates perfectly it doesn't auto answer and i can answer the call or calls by myself in any option i want by sliding on screen, pressing the home key, waving my hand or by pressing the power button without a problem. Now this doesn't permanently fix the problem but while I'm on WiFi i can answer every call i receive and get some relief from this frustrating and annoying problem until sprint or Samsung comes up with a permanent fix. So those of you out there experiencing auto answering on your s5's try using the WiFi calling option along with the locations option and it should fix it while you're on a WiFi network you can connect to. Hope this helps you as it helped me, let me know if it does.

I

Last edited:

Joe Evaristo

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: SOLVED - Re: Sprint S5 issue incoming calls answering automatically! - SOLVED

Also on Sprint, I've been having the same issue. It didn't start happening for me until AFTER Lollipop though.

Usually my screen is unlocked when it happens, and once I was even in another call at the time. It does seem to be more common while connected to wifi, though, but I can't definitively point to that as the source.

I have also noticed that since this issue began, I need to hit the button on my bluetooth to pull up voice calling multiple times before it prompts me for a command.

I just read elsewhere that it could be an issue with call rejection. Go to the phone app > settings > call rejection. My auto reject mode was set to "Auto reject numbers" for some reason. Though it had rejected contacts before, I suppose it's possible this is the cause. I don't get many calls, so not sure when I can confirm.

----------
Edit: Nevermind, that didn't fix it.

Last edited:

subdriver84

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Setting to wifi-calling seems to have helped my s5 to stop answering on its on. I have an inkling that there is some glitch with weak service, or perhaps places that are connected to old cell towers. I have said before that this only happens in my home, or in a similar area. When I move out of my small city, it will not answer on its own. But if you have wifi, I would definitely recommend you to set your phone to wifi-calling when you are either at home or in the space where your phone will answer on its own. I find the s5 much less annoying that I can actually answer calls in my home without fear of answering on its own.

higgydph

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Im on my third galaxy s5 from sprint, all the motion settings have been off only all three phones, have had the phone checked at sprint 5 times,did a factory reset from samsung, now they want me to send my phone to them which will take to weeks so they can re-do the motherboard. Ha, this is such BS, sprint says there is nothing further they can do. They don't seem to want to stand behind the products they sell. So i seem to be stuck with a crappy phone. Sprint sucks. Gonna change carriers.

Gambiman

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Doing the same thing with my s5 from sprint.
I noticed that the phone was sometime doing weird things with the finger scanner, as someone mentionned here I just deactivated it so will see if that changes anything.

Muxa

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
DUDE, It can be late answer but I hope it works on you, If you have installed app called name by ''MobileUncle Tools'' then click it.
There will be many section, you should click on ''Engineer Mode'' . Then you will see 2 options one for Android one for MTK. Click MTK if your phone has mtk processors if not click the Android. There should be section for AutoAnswer click on it Then click disable.

Kareppa Pujeri

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Micromax A311 issue incoming calls answering automatically!

Dear Sir,
Please Provide Solution for Micromax Canvas A311 is Automatically Answering the Incoming Calls, Its Headache to me Since 5days. Please touch with me Shortly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174