Sprint's Samsung Epic 4g Official Froyo EB13

How did your update to EB13 go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gyoung345

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Can any of you guys help me out. I have phone and data service just upgraded to the epic yesterday. Whenever I go into menu, setting, update and try to update the firmware, data profile or prl I get the message

Error
Your profile could not be updated at this time. Please try again later.
If this problem persists, please contact customer care.
Error: Internal Error

Sprint came seem to find out whats causing it
I received that message once, but have not received it again.

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I read an article regarding this topic online.

How do you know HTC is ready to release Gingerbread?

Sent from my HTC EVO with Tapatalk Pro

I read an article regarding this topic online. The article says that HTC EVO will get Gingerbread soon. For now, I would like to get my froyo update for my epic.
Thank you for asking. If I get new information about HTC and Gingerbread I will send you an email as soon as I can. I wish I could have more inf. I am sorry.

capitaltpt

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
these are what i want too. mostly install to sd card. that will be so nice.

other than that, i am just happy sprint/samsung are actually not abandoning the phone. maybe there is hope one day 2.3 will be pushed out to us as well.

a guy can dream :)

If the article on the front page of AC is to be believed, We'll get 2.4 instead of 2.3.

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have had this message before. Remove the battery.

I have this problem with the custom rom TER V1.5 but with DI18 I have not had this problem. Right now I still have TER if I tried to update my Firmware I would get the same message. According to my reading you will not be able to get EB13 when your phone still has TER. Take it back to DI18 by using Odin. I hope this help you out.

NYC Dude

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Im completely stock. I haven't done anything to the phone. Im thinking about returning iI had got it on launch day and returned it before 30 days because of all the bugs it had

Reactions: tomy2001

jpfoxey

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Do I need to backup my Angry Birds pre update? I am not rooted, hoping to so, after you guys have helped us all by hacking the new rollout. Aside, I have 19 of the 20 golden eggs, I may go postal if I lose all that!

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure some people have gotten their update. Sprint is probably sending everyone who doesn't use AC their update first lol

Lol. some 85 year old guy who got it as a gift from his grandson got the update. He's got 2 and the batteries are dead. Both are attached by strings.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Be patient everyone. It will happen. I was going to go the OTA route but decided to wait for the manual methods when they surface.

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
i understand

Im completely stock. I haven't done anything to the phone. Im thinking about returning iI had got it on launch day and returned it before 30 days because of all the bugs it had

I had the same problem. I took it back at BestBuy and they gave a new one this one was great. I buy all my phone at BestBuy because I do not have to deal with rebates and BestBuy doesn't have any fees if try to exchange a phone either.

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Thank you Paul

Be patient everyone. It will happen. I was going to go the OTA route but decided to wait for the manual methods when they surface.

I am going to take my phone back to DI18 and wait. I have to go to work. I will not have time until this evening. Please let me know when you get it.
Thank you again Paul

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem. I took it back at BestBuy and they gave a new one this one was great. I buy all my phone at BestBuy because I do not have to deal with rebates and BestBuy doesn't have any fees if try to exchange a phone either.

If you can not update the prl and get the internal error, you will not be able to get the update ota. I had the same problem in december. I bought mine at launch so I was beyond my 30 days. I called sprint and they ended up sending me a brand new one in the box. Guy said it could of been a refirb phone but when he ordered it for me it came up as new in the box

tomy2001

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
If you can not update the prl and get the internal error, you will not be able to get the update ota. I had the same problem in december. I bought mine at launch so I was beyond my 30 days. I called sprint and they ended up sending me a brand new one in the box. Guy said it could of been a refirb phone but when he ordered it for me it came up as new in the box

I agree with you

Status
Not open for further replies.