How did your update to EB13 go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have a noob question, will the option of changing the bottom home screen icons(widgets) be available once the Epic gets froyo?

Ex: replacing the standard messaging icon with handcent sms

Yes you will be able to change your TouchWiz Launcher dock icons. Go to applications list and press menu>edit. You can then drag and drop whatever you like to your TouchWiz Launcher.

Gersonian

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a noob question, will the option of changing the bottom home screen icons(widgets) be available once the Epic gets froyo?

Ex: replacing the standard messaging icon with handcent sms

I am not 100% sure if its in the version of TW, but you can always download an app like LauncherPro from the market and it becomes a million times more customizable.

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Froyo dock bar

When the epic gets froyo on monday will you be able to have the dock bar like launcher pro has? The 5 icons in white instead of color. Or do I have to use launcher pro to get that dock bar?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
When the epic gets froyo on monday will you be able to have the dock bar like launcher pro has? The 5 icons in white instead of color. Or do I have to use launcher pro to get that dock bar?

You will have the standard TouchWiz launcher. 3 user selectable apps plus your application list icon.

jrz5024

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
If I had a stock phone I would surely wait for the official OTA upgrade. No use trashing your warranty to save a few days.

While rooting does void your warranty, it only does so as long as the phone is rooted. Should a hardware problem occur which necessitated repairs, the user could simply restore back to stock and nobody would ever be able to tell.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
While rooting does void your warranty, it only does so as long as the phone is rooted. Should a hardware problem occur which necessitated repairs, the user could simply restore back to stock and nobody would ever be able to tell.

Plus there is no need to root your phone to apply a manual update. You do it the same way you would an OTA update (with an update.zip). Only difference is instead of waiting for the update message and downloading OTA directly to your phone's SD card, you download it onto your computer and place it on your SD card.

There will also be an Odin version of the update available, which is what I plan on using. Gotta make sure I have a clean install after all.

_Bak_

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Will we need clockworkmod to flash this or can we do it with stock recovery? Clockworkmod's been acting crazy and wont let me reboot past the samsung screen recently...

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Will we need clockworkmod to flash this or can we do it with stock recovery?
- The OTA update, self explanatory.
- There will also be a manual update.zip method. (uses stock recovery mode to install)
- There will also be a manual method using Odin to flash (gives you a nice clean slate)

I am confused.. Can we update to Froyo from the releases on the Samsung website.
No, this is only the source code. Valuable to developers only.

Reactions: _Bak_

Skynett

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I have DK28 rooted with TER 1.5 and Minitheme 1.8 (final).

with my setup will you paul or rag post an official .zip file of froyo that will work for my setup?

Should i just keep my setup the way it is and wait for you guys to hook us up? or should i change my setup?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have DK28 rooted with TER 1.5 and Minitheme 1.8 (final).

with my setup will you paul or rag post an official .zip file of froyo that will work for my setup?

Should i just keep my setup the way it is and wait for you guys to hook us up? or should i change my setup?

Unfortunately TrulyEpic Rebirth will not be updated past DK28.

A deodexed/prerooted/zipaligned version of EB13 will probably be available minutes after we get the update.zip, so you can flash that if you'd like to try plain official Froyo.

Or another option, wait for the custom ROMs to roll out (probably same day as release).

Reactions: Skynett

_Bak_

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
- The OTA update, self explanatory.
- There will also be a manual update.zip method. (uses stock recovery mode to install)
- There will also be a manual method using Odin to flash (gives you a nice clean slate)

Yeah, im way too impatient to be waiting past monday for the ota lol. Odin seems like the best method for me too... we'll see when the time comes.

Post more information on this in the appropriate section below and we can help you more.
Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks

Will do soon.

Skynett

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Awsome. So if i flash the deodexed/prerooted/zipaligned version of EB13 and have the official froyo. Than i will be able to flash the official froyo ROMS that you guys release? and ill finally be able to overclock my phone with froyo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjeans