Stable launcher recommendation?

drjohnson89

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
So I recently flashed my phone back to EB01 from 2.6, as I was having lag and stability issues with launcher pro and then ADW launcher. I have put 2.6 back on my phone today and am wondering if I should just try launcher pro again or is there something even better that I haven't heard of? I'd love for the launcher to have the custom buttons on the bottom (like launcher pro) and a customizable amount of homescreens (I like less, not more). There's always the chance launcher pro was simply conflicting with some other app on my phone, which again, is now clean as can be. Thanks again!

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
So I recently flashed my phone back to EB01 from 2.6, as I was having lag and stability issues with launcher pro and then ADW launcher. I have put 2.6 back on my phone today and am wondering if I should just try launcher pro again or is there something even better that I haven't heard of? I'd love for the launcher to have the custom buttons on the bottom (like launcher pro) and a customizable amount of homescreens (I like less, not more). There's always the chance launcher pro was simply conflicting with some other app on my phone, which again, is now clean as can be. Thanks again!

i like launcher pro. no problems with it. im thinking the lag you are haveing has nothing to do with your launcher.

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Big fan of LP but my new love is GO launcher Ex(market, free). Give it a try, I came across it when LP was giving lag on EB01 stock. also get GO notifications.

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
you can use any icon you want ..i usually find .png icons put them in my gallery then use them that way

that's what I do too. been on launcher2 this last week but have grown tired of it lol. time to go back to LP or GO. I only kept launcher2 because SC updates have been coming out back to back.

drjohnson89

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Judging by all the replies and my old love for launcher pro, I guess I'll give it another go. I'm going to slowly add the apps back one at a time and see if any give me compatibility problems. I just love the customizable mini buttons at the bottom of launcher pro. ADW is nice but lacks those, leaving my text messaging on the home page, not my slider bar, which leaves me filled with sadness. Thanks for all of the replies and feedback everyone!

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
LP had been around a while and that's why everyone uses it, even a couple of months ago it was still the best but now ADW EX and maybe GO are nicer IMO. LP still has the advantage with its widgets but I don't use any of them personally. They're all good, nice to have choices.

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Trying LP again for kicks, one question, is there a way to select custom icons w/o using the gallery? Go lets you use root explr, astro, or the gallery. I hate using the gallery because it doesn't show file names and it crops the images by having them all zoomed in.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
You can stretch the orange crop box with your finger in the gallery

Lol I knew that, I meant that I don't like the image previews that you get with the gallery (esp for docks) I wish it would let you pick your icons through something else, like GO EX does

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali