Still enjoying your S7 Edge?

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Who else is still enjoying their S7 Edge? I've had mine since October last year and still thoroughly enjoying it, I can't actually see there being any reason to leave it.....unless the Note 8 lives up to the hype, but what ever does live up to its hype?

I have to say this phone even compared to the latest 2017 flagships still looks very complete, it's nor really missing anything.

Here's to hoping we see another Samsung with the battery size of the S7 Edge if not larger.

s3xybrotha

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Honestly...I haven't enjoyed my s7edge at all.... The note 7 was a much better device, but because of the malfunctions, I had to relinquish it. I'm anxiously awaiting the note 8.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Working great for me, best phone I've owned and don't see any reason to upgrade. Had a Note phone but never used the stylus so I'm good with this.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I did not like it much at all. It worked well but much narrower and smaller than the previous Note 7. Enjoying the S8+ now

sardar615

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Good phone but on Power Save mode which restricts CPU, Background Data and other restrictions, I am not really enjoying the battery. Even with Power Save, I am seeing a draining battery like no other phone. using GSAM, shows no apps that are draining anything. Most days, I leave home at 9 AM with about 90% charge, and at Noon, I will be at 40%, with just listening to Podcasts or using built in music player and minimal conference calls (30-60mins max). Charge to 90-100% by 1-2 PM, and then drains to 50% with similar use....It's just a vicious cycle. I have reset the phone multiple times, but no luck. Don't have insurance on it, and best buy won't replace it, as I a crack on the screen. They claim battery drain is because of that.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I am still enjoying mine, but I very much am waiting for the Note 8. But I had no issue settling into my S7E. It has been serving me well also since October and the only thing that will replace it is a new Note. I do want a stylus back. If a new Note was never going to be produced again, I would hold on to my phone another year or two with no issue and get the next one after the S8. I have no performance issues, and it does what I need for now. Wouldn't mind it larger and more RAM but not end of world. It works for me.

de1988

May 23, 2017
Visit site
When I first got it it was okay. Now it's crappy. After the Nouget update the battery sucks. Atm I'm on 30% and only have gotten 2 hrs and 20 mins of screen time. I have power saver on so I can imagine how bad it would be without it and all I do is browse the web and text. I'd be too afraid to play games or do anything else because there is NO way it would make it through a whole day if I did! Autocorrect on this phone blows as well. Finger print scanner is a pain. It never reads my fingerprint. Today it locked me put for 60 seconds because of it didn't read It! My S5 was SO much better! Honestly this phone is making me want to switch to iOS. I still owe over 40p on this thing too which is annoying! I know people who got the S8 and pay less a month than I do! All around annoyed.

Mattgrossman

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
the S7 edge is my first Android device and I only got it in March but I've been very happy with it. of course it's a year and a bit old and there's always something new, but when I was browsing phones after my BlackBerry Passport, it was almost a no brainer for me to go with Samsung. I used a Pixel XL for about 30min from a friend of mine, and while it has some plusses, I found the Edge to fit my needs.

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Nope, my S7 Edge just completely died a week ago, need to take to Samsung shop in Best Buy and see what they can do for me. In the meantime, I bought a G5 Plus outright for $230, and it has actually been refreshing, battery life is incredible, and it just works smoothly. If Samsung does not take care of me somehow, I will be done with Samsung. I have owned an S3, S4, s5, Note 4 and S7 Edge. I also own a Samsung TV and washer and dryer.

segujer

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
liking mine more. with 7.0/ 7.1.2 shd come through and waiting for the Note if only it'll bear an In display FPS

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I, like many of you was a Note user (Note 4), waiting to get a Note 7 but then the fires and discontinuation happened and inhad no choice but to go S7 Edge, I nearly went LG V20, butnits puny battery was just not enough for me as well as the lack of Dust and Water Resistance.

I will be going back to Note if not this year then next year definitely.

But inhave thoroughly enjoyed this S7 Edge despite some quirks with the edge display in terms of screen protection.
When I first got it it was okay. Now it's crappy. After the Nouget update the battery sucks. Atm I'm on 30% and only have gotten 2 hrs and 20 mins of screen time. I have power saver on so I can imagine how bad it would be without it and all I do is browse the web and text. I'd be too afraid to play games or do anything else because there is NO way it would make it through a whole day if I did! Autocorrect on this phone blows as well. Finger print scanner is a pain. It never reads my fingerprint. Today it locked me put for 60 seconds because of it didn't read It! My S5 was SO much better! Honestly this phone is making me want to switch to iOS. I still owe over 40p on this thing too which is annoying! I know people who got the S8 and pay less a month than I do! All around annoyed.
That is not good at all. I know it ducks to do but have you considered doing an audit of what apps maybe causing the battery drain or even going as far as doing a Full Reset?

It sounds to me like something is running a muck in the background.

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm over the curved edge. One of the main reasons I'm not getting the S8 or Note 8. Also that tragic fingerprint sensor location. Other than the curved edge, it's ok. I just wish it didn't require a restart about once a week with a cache clearing in order to prevent the battery from draining like mad.

de1988

May 23, 2017
Visit site
That is not good at all. I know it ducks to do but have you considered doing an audit of what apps maybe causing the battery drain or even going as far as doing a Full Reset?

It sounds to me like something is running a muck in the background.

I have battery apps that all say there isn't anything.
Today it's doing a bit better, 64% and 1 h 48 m of screen time. But I still feel like it drains way too fast from not that much usage. I may be paranoid though! lol

Also I agree with those that don't like the rounded edges. If I try and listen to YouTube, whenever I put the phone in my pocket it always changes the song.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm over the curved edge. One of the main reasons I'm not getting the S8 or Note 8. Also that tragic fingerprint sensor location. Other than the curved edge, it's ok. I just wish it didn't require a restart about once a week with a cache clearing in order to prevent the battery from draining like mad.
What phone are you on now? The 7edge has the curb as well and it's noticeably more pronounced than the s8/+

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
My S7E is perfectly fine. Still has better battery life than my old S4, does pretty much everything I need it to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellamcmil