Stock VM/Moto Rom/Zip?

ayanami

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a flashable Rom/Zip for the Moto Triumph? The stock Rom that came with it, not anything custom.

Somehow, in my fooling around, I managed to make it so after performing a factory restore, a Morph of the Gingerbread Notification Bar, Root/Superuser, and a font I installed with Font Changer all are still there.

I've tried restoring through Settings > Privacy, with the SD card wiped, through recovery, and through Clockwork Recovery, but nothing seems to set me back to stock. =(

Last edited:

ayanami

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I know.

I've had a Nexus One (T-Mo), Samsung Vibrant, I ran Android on my HD2 and Nook Color, I had the LG Optimus V, and none of them behaved this way. If I screwed something up, a factory restore always worked for me.

Even on my gf's Sprint Intercept. Rooted that and made a few changes, they didn't all work, so I factory restored, and it was all good again.
=(

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a flashable Rom/Zip for the Moto Triumph? The stock Rom that came with it, not anything custom.

Somehow, in my fooling around, I managed to make it so after performing a factory restore, a Morph of the Gingerbread Notification Bar, Root/Superuser, and a font I installed with Font Changer all are still there.

I've tried restoring through Settings > Privacy, with the SD card wiped, through recovery, and through Clockwork Recovery, but nothing seems to set me back to stock. =(

I know this isn't helping ur problem..but how did u get a gingerbread notification bar?

ayanami

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I used MetaMorph, and this theme:
[THEME] Custom Gingerbread Theme - 12/16/10 - xda-developers

It themed everything just like Gingerbread, but I just don't like the look of Gingerbread after using it for a while. I'm a big fan of the Froyo look, the launcher, the keyboard, the UI...

So like I said, it didn't want to uninstall. After formatting, I've tried reinstalling MetaMorph, and installing different themes, but no new themes will install over this one.

ayanami

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
ss001_by_wjdlarson-d42egtx.png
ss002_by_wjdlarson-d42eh52.png

ss003_by_wjdlarson-d42ehbn.png

ss004_by_wjdlarson-d42ehqg.png

ss005_by_wjdlarson-d42ei6q.png

(Notice how the battery icon changes orientation. I have no idea why it changes, it's a very random change when it happens.)

ayanami

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
you've wiped data cache and dalvik cache in recovery?

Wiped Cache (there wasn't a "Data" Cache), wiped Dalvik Cache, formated Cache, formated Data, then ran Wipe Data/Factory Reset.

No luck. The theme, font, Superuser, are still there.

Also, all the programs I removed with Root Uninstaller are gone (I'm not complaining about that), and my Market keeps flipping back and forth between the stock one, and the updated one (I installed the updated Market apk when I got the phone).

Last edited:

ayanami

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I've now also tried restoring the original Recovery.img, and wiping Cache and Restoring from that, the results are no different.

Before that, I tried using MetaMorph to install three different themes, and it failed on all of them. So there's no installing a new theme over this one.

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I've now also tried restoring the original Recovery.img, and wiping Cache and Restoring from that, the results are no different.

Before that, I tried using MetaMorph to install three different themes, and it failed on all of them. So there's no installing a new theme over this one.

Try to unroot with gingerbreak, make sure uve backed up with titanium backup if u plan on re-rooting later, then, as long as you have the stock recovery, do a factory reset from the phones privacy settings and im pretty sure that should do the trick...make sure u have a backup just in case though.

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Worth a shot, but I don't have a stock recovery. That's sort of what I'm hoping to find from someone here.

Look on the 2nd page of "does anyone have custom recovery" or whatever it says and click on the link where it talks about cwm recovery page 2 and someone put a stock recovery on the same page.

Last edited:

ayanami

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
My bad, that came out wrong. I have the stock recovery, I saved a copy of mine before I put CWM on. I flashed that recovery back on, and tried restoring from that, with no luck.

What I meant to say, was that my stock restore is seriously messed up. Wooops.

Tried running Gingerbreak, unrooted the phone. Did a restore out of the Privacy menu, and the theme, font, and uninstalled programs are still the same. It didn't restore with Superuser, but everything else is still non-stock.

Micky5298

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Could you pull your framework file and create a froyo stock from uot kitchen then flash that?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

ayanami

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Could you pull your framework file and create a froyo stock from uot kitchen then flash that?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

That's a little bit beyond me, unfortunately.

The download on this one is going slow, but I'll be giving that a shot.
I tried using a System.img from elsewhere, but didn't have a proper MD5 to go with it, and didn't feel like making one myself. I'll let you know how it goes after it finishes downloading.