Strange audio issue with S22+, A13, and bluetooth earbuds

AdamInTx

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
So I am having a strange issue with my S22+ running Android 13 with regards to audio. My earbuds (Soundcore Liberty Pro 3) have a feature that pauses your audio when you take them out of your ear. That has worked just fine and as expected since I got them until recently. What previously would happen is that when I would take them out of my ear it would pause what I was listening to and then when I put them back in my ear it would unpause. Seems simple enough. However, recently when I put the buds back in my ear it isn't unpausing what I was previously listening to (usually a youtube video/vlog) but rather starting to play whatever I was listening to last in youtube music even though that app isn't what I was in when I took them out and isn't even open. Now, I assume this isn't an issue with the earbuds as I don't think they can control what app is going to be sending audio out through the bluetooth signal. I also don't think it's youtube as sometimes this happens when I wasn't even previously listening to anything and I'm just putting the buds into my ear straight from the charging case. It's got to be the phone/android right??

Has anybody else had an experience like this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's pretty strange. Try clearing the app cache/data for the YouTube Music app in Settings>Apps, Force Stop it, then see if it happens again. Make sure to open YT Music at some point to make sure it's not remaining Force Stopped (which might give you a false sense of success).

AdamInTx

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion Diddy. Unfortunately, after clearing the apps data/cache and then force stopping it. I took an earbud out of the case and when I put it in my ear it started playing my last song from Youtube music. I didn't have any apps open, it just once again decided to play music from an app I haven't even opened in about a week other than to shut off the music when it does this with my earbuds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon