Streaming Bluetooth Issues with ICS

drdeath91

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
After updating to ICS, I've noticed that there has been an issue with controlling streaming audio via a bluetooth device (car stereo, headphones, etc). I've noticed that for the most part, the phone will not respond to commands while the screen is off. By this, I mean, I can't pause audio or advance the track. I had no issues with this while on GB. As suggested I went ahead and did a system wipe, but that did not seem to work.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to possibly remedy this, or if this is something that is going to have to be dealt with on ICS. Thanks in advance.

kbender

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Ford Sync and the connection works fine. Audio controls both on stereo and steering wheel work fine. I seem to remember being asked while setting up the phone about allowing wake up while the screen was locked. Try setting up the connection again and see if you're asked a similar question.

sandiegosteve

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Any issues after a call comes in?

Was streaming nicely yesterday, got a call and then couldn't get audio back. Had to turn BT off and then on to start working again.

farfromuman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
There is a Security setting "Allow Bluetooth bypass" did you try that? It says something about voice commands but it might be the setting to bypass the security.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvltech