Stuck Busy Signal / Battery Drain

stukay

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what your problem is kiwicarlos741 but mine was a legitimate problem pal, sorry i didn't realise this was your private forum, but just to let you know thanks to information on here my concern may be resolved.
And if you think that the "sprint store" is the 'know-all' then you're sadly mistaken, i went in and asked them about the upcoming Android 4.1 release and also about the Galaxy Nexus phone being banned from sale here due to the Apple patent and they had absolutely no idea what i was talking about.

King Koopa VI

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys this is def something that is popping up all over. I work in a 3rd party Sprint store and we've only had S3's and EVO 4G LTE's come back with this problem. (and the Sprint Phone Connects but that's kinda different). Until I'd seen it with the SPC's I kinda thought it was a problem with the S4 processor, but it might just be an issue Sprint is having with the network. If I hear anything I'll let everyone know, but our store (atleast) won't do returns over this issue, we'll just RTN the phone, help you reset everything back up the way you had it and send you on your way.

This has actually happened to my EVO LTE, my store manager's and our tech's EVO LTE also. We've just been resetting our phones. On that battery issue; my store manager is the only one having that happen. You should take it to a Sprint store and have them back up as much as possible and RTN your phone to see if that fixes it before they give you another one.

Turbomania

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
its pretty funny because everyone that has complained has mostly either become a new customer just recently or only has one post which is leading me to think that its just one person making multiple accounts to make his original post seem legitimate, i just contacted not just sprint online as well as a walk in the store which is also a insurance repair store and both of them said that they had not heard of the problem once. I've seen people with no lives do this all the time just to troll not only on here but as well as youtube before. nice try

Really Bro ??? Like i have time to play games on some phone forum... It's the real deal in the Flint area....
Have to admit though, when $hit like this pops up, so do first time posters.... It does look a bit trollish....LOL... new word :) trust me i am far from new... been flashing since the OG days, that's Motorola to you HTC guys :).... I am a HTC newbie, still have one, just a X one now...

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had that busy signal crap happen to me. Check the phone later and the battery has dropped 20% in only an hour. I broke my charging port a few days later after this happened to me so a replacement is on its way.

tzk132

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Same problem. Make a call, goes straight to busy signal, keeps beeping until I restart. Nothing really noticeable with the battery though. I have an Evo LTE with Sprint and I live in the Lansing area of MI.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Really Bro ??? Like i have time to play games on some phone forum... It's the real deal in the Flint area....
Have to admit though, when $hit like this pops up, so do first time posters.... It does look a bit trollish....LOL... new word :) trust me i am far from new... been flashing since the OG days, that's Motorola to you HTC guys :).... I am a HTC newbie, still have one, just a X one now...

I'm not trying to hate bit I've just seen it so manytines in forums and also on YouTube comment before where ppl with no life's make millions of accounts and just aggre withthemselves. But if you do have a legitimate case then I apologize. I was just making an observation. No hard feelings:eek:

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
But one thing that u gotta admit, there is a lot of new acvounters that posted on this thread lol

arkutek

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
carlos, I've been a member over two years since my launch day og rooted evo. This is a legit issue. As I said happens to both 4g lte's in my home as well as a galaxy nexus 4g. Most posters are responding to this thread rather than starting a new one. I dont post often but I follow many threads and look to these forums when I have issues. Maybe the new accounts are due to the best phone available and owners want to learn more about it. I don't have time to create multiple accounts or the emails to be able to do so, just to hype a issue that is more annoying than anything else. also happened earlier today twice, using this to restart phone now;
Simulate a battery pull
Since the HTC EVO 4G LTE does not have a removable battery; there is an alternate method to simulate the process of pulling the battery to kill power to the device. To do this, press and hold the power key for 10 seconds. The capacitive buttons on the bottom of the screen should begin flashing for 5 seconds before the device will power off completely and then restart.

Reactions: wilson8100

Good_Apollo

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Same problem. Make a call, goes straight to busy signal, keeps beeping until I restart. Nothing really noticeable with the battery though. I have an Evo LTE with Sprint and I live in the Lansing area of MI.

Where did you get your phone? Have you gone to the store or called support yet?
I got my phone in Jackson because I was there visiting a friend when my Epic screen decided to die, so I just went and got the S3 at the local Jackson store since I was due for an upgrade.

Just curious if anybody in the Lansing area has tried to address the issue with support at all. I may try to go in Thursday evening

slinkeril

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
If you are getting this issue and are ALSO using Google Voice... Disable GV first and see if it continues to happen. I had a problem like this with all calls going to a busy signal for almost a week before i tracked it down to a GV problem which required a fix on their end..

megamitch

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Interesting about the area issues. I'm also in the Metro Detroit area and it has happened to me twice. The first time must have been some time last week. I don't recall their being battery drain after the reset though. The "rogue busy signal" appeared again last night, however, with the battery drain accompanying it.

I leave my phone charging over USB through the night, and after about six hours it had only gone from about 10% to about 45%, where typically it would be charged by then. Furthermore, I have Tune In scheduled in Tasker to start up in the morning, but it couldn't get a connection to the station. It was at this time that I noticed it was really warm. After looking at the battery stats, I saw that Mediaserver was owning my battery. Dunno what that is. Another reset (I also disabled Quick Boot, don't really know what that does) and everything since then has been going fine. Not warm. Tune In running. Battery charging normally.

Weird wild stuff this past eighteen hours. Fortunately, I almost never call people. So hopefully this will remain a rare occurance.

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what your problem is kiwicarlos741 but mine was a legitimate problem pal, sorry i didn't realise this was your private forum, but just to let you know thanks to information on here my concern may be resolved.
And if you think that the "sprint store" is the 'know-all' then you're sadly mistaken, i went in and asked them about the upcoming Android 4.1 release and also about the Galaxy Nexus phone being banned from sale here due to the Apple patent and they had absolutely no idea what i was talking about.
Have you tried turning off lte in the phone settings

Turbomania

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not trying to hate bit I've just seen it so manytines in forums and also on YouTube comment before where ppl with no life's make millions of accounts and just aggre withthemselves. But if you do have a legitimate case then I apologize. I was just making an observation. No hard feelings:eek:

It's all good Carlos.... Never hurts to keep us honest..lol, I had my flame suit on, being it was my first post. Just figured i couldn't be the only one.

hakeem5000

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the exact same problem, it even happens when I'm at home and using my Airwave to connect to Sprint. I live in the Lansing, MI, area. I find it interesting that almost everyone who has this problem lives in Michigan, wonder if that is merely coincidence or significant. I know we all joke that these new smart phones also make phone calls along with all the other things they do, but it's supposed to be a phone first so not being able to make calls is super frustrating. I only have a cell phone, so when this won't work it takes an additional 3-5 minutes just to make a 30 second call.

spidertravis

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys! Just joined the forum to reply. I have an Evo Design on Boost and this has happened to me 3 times since I got the phone yesterday. It's really annoying but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with the problem. I just applied an htc system update, crossing my fingers that it will fix the issue. Will post back if I get it again.

Edit: I'm in the Lansing, MI area, but this has also happened in Okemos.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the exact same problem, it even happens when I'm at home and using my Airwave to connect to Sprint. I live in the Lansing, MI, area. I find it interesting that almost everyone who has this problem lives in Michigan, wonder if that is merely coincidence or significant.

I think that is a clear indication that it is network related and probably something with the Sprint Vision upgrades in that area.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz