Stuck Busy Signal / Battery Drain

3blueboat4

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
EVO 4g LTE. Same condition here in Brighton, MI.
P.S. got a buddy that travels to install LTE upgrades to towers, don't get your hopes up. It'll be a while.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand how this is an LTE issue. My phone doesn't have LTC and I still got this problem.

It isn't necessarily related to LTE. But it is still likely the network. The towers are actually pretty complex, supporting a wide range of signaling and communications specifications. It doesn't take much to mess it up- be it tickling a bug in the S4 chipset or conflicting specs that haven't been tried yet.

We KNOW that Sprint is working on many towers and the backbones that connect it all. It is far from just adding support for LTE. It is not unlikely that something went wrong and has yet to be fixed. Of course, it could just be isolated to the few phone models WITHOUT it being related to tower/network interaction, but that wouldn't explain the interesting clusters of issues reported.

spidertravis

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The update, as expected didn't fix the problem. It seems like if the person you're trying to call has a crappy signal you're doomed to get the busy tone of death. It amazes me that a network problem can have such a huge impact on a phone! Reminds me of viruses which can disable a car's brakes through a bad mp3 file.

explosivo2k2

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Juat wanted to check in here. I'm in southeast Michigan too and I've had the fast busy signal happen to me twice today. I've only had the phone for about a week, but this is the first time it's happened to me. Nothing like this ever happened on my OG Evo.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Someone please post a video of this on YouTube with a link so I can see exactly what were dealing with, I tried searching YouTube and google and didn't find any video relating to this. It be much appreciated, thanx

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

dkhockeyman

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had the EVO 4G LTE the day it was released, and have had no problems, until 4 days ago, and now have had the "busy signal" and time zone problem, It happens every 3rd or 4th call, and is becoming a real pain. I live in the Milford, MI. area. Looking at the other posts, this seems to be a Tri County Michigan issue. I was told by a Sprint rep. that they are adding and upgrading 3 new towers in the area, but I find it hard to believe this is related, my wife and daughter have the Samsung S2 and have no issues at all.

gdmatson

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
May as well add to the list. I'm brand new on this forum only because I google searched this issue after speaking with HTC. First I also live in Metro Detroit, Hartland specifically. My work brings me all over the area and this happens to me everywhere. It seems to get worse with age. I got my first Evo LTE the beginning of June. It started doing this around June 15th and progressively got worse. Took the phone into the "authorized" Sprint repair store at Haggerty and 8 mile. They couldn't figure it out and charged me 35.00 to replace it. Got the new phone this past Monday. The new phone started doing it right away. After keeping an eye the the forums I frequent, I saw the HTC update became available on Wednesday. Like the rest of you, I had hope until this morning when the ugly busy signal appeared. Sucks!!!!!!

Turbomania

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Look what i started :( At least they believe you guys now. Sprint called me everything but crazy.. I finally found a store in Flint, by the Gen. Valley that knew all about it. They are saying a Commissioning issue with the towers on all LTE devices. No ETA on a fix, and a replacement phone wont help. Good luck guys. I was in my 14 days, i bailed.
I have basically the same phone now, an X one, and love it !!!! hang in there, it's an awesome phone, hopefully they get the tower issue fixed STAT...

gdmatson

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I said in my earlier post that I had called HTC. I did that after Sprint tech support said they hadn't heard of the issue. They suggested HTC may help. HTC pointed me to this thread and mentioned it was a Sprint tower issue. Just got off the phone with tech support again. They said there wasn't any open investigations regarding this matter. She started one and made it clear that the more complaints, the higher the priority. Therefore PLEASE call tech support(*2 then option 3) and make them aware!!!
It's only Michigan, so we're gonna need everyone.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I said in my earlier post that I had called HTC. I did that after Sprint tech support said they hadn't heard of the issue. They suggested HTC may help. HTC pointed me to this thread and mentioned it was a Sprint tower issue.

Wait- you are telling us that HTC support pointed you to a thread in our forum???

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I find it funny that up untill now that still no one has posted a video on YouTube when I search for this nor is there a link of a video to this thread showing this problem. I haven't talked with htc but like I said prior I not only talked to a sprint online rep about this and when I went to pay my bill talked with an in store rep which is also where they do repairs on easy fixes on phones if they don't have to be sent to asurion and neither of them knew what i was talking about. Video please

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Get lost troll!!!

Sent from my Samsung galaxy S3

Whose trolling, I simply just want the video to see exactly what the problem is, all these pages on this thread with no video? How is anyone supposed to help when I can't even see what the problem is, do something better than just posting the most worthless insignificant postings......troll

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
O and for the record just look at all your posts, it seems ur the one who goes trolling due to the fact that 75% of the time you have nothing but insignificant posts that never have anything to do with the thread, how bout u go get a life like u told me earlier loser. I simply only want a video, but I guess that's to much to ask for. Just looking to pick fights, embarissing

secondechomatt

May 28, 2012
Visit site
what IS unique about this, it that the problem appears to be SE Michigan related. My local sprint store has heard about it, I asked when I went to get an otterbox today. I'd post a video for you kiwicarlos, but I can't take a video while my phone is doing it! lol!

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
what IS unique about this, it that the problem appears to be SE Michigan related. My local sprint store has heard about it, I asked when I went to get an otterbox today. I'd post a video for you kiwicarlos, but I can't take a video while my phone is doing it! lol!

Totally understandable, if it is indeed just a local problem it would have nothing to do with htc and just be a sprint issue I would think as it has to do with signals which htc has nothing to do with that. I hope someone with maybe a go pro cam or any type of camera can post something. That be great. Thanks for the feedback :)

Turbomania

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Really Carlos.... A video of a stuck busy signal ??? WTH is your problem... these people have a real issue to deal with.... Go away. Did you come from XDA Forum ???? Go Back.
Bone heads like you make people like me not want to post these problems on forums.
To bad your not in Michigan, I would have a video to post on You Tube.
Sorry people, not trying to turn this into XDA, but only so much of this guy i can take....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54