Swap Nexus 6 for Moto Pure Edition?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... I wouldn't say far better... They might have improvements in spots, but overall. Kwjmac, we aren't just reaching the point, we're WAY past it. Every generation of phone will only be an incremental bump from the previous. Processors are really fast, have been for a couple of years. A 25% improvement in speed is noticable when you are talking load times that go from 4s to 3s... but not so obvious when they go from 1s to .75s.

So will the Pure be an 'upgrade' over the Nexus 6? It is close enough to be debatable. But the days where it was a no brainer that the next generation will be the obvious choice over the previous is behind us.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
But the days where it was a no brainer that the next generation will be the obvious choice over the previous is behind us.

That's why I'm skipping a generation. There won't be a big enough difference with the next Nexus for me to get it. I'm waiting until 2016 when there will be a bigger difference from what I have. Plus, I'll be itching for a new toy by then. The next Nexus would be perfect for someone coming from a Nexus 5 or 4 though.

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus 6 has been incredible for me - I plan to keep it until the wheels fall off, so to speak. I would like a fingerprint scanner if I had one on this device, but I don't care enough to jump back to Samsung or (gasp!) Apple.

I didn't see anything on the new Moto X to lure me away, either, so my plan is to wait another year and see if anything really new/different pops up.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dijablue