Swype need upgrade, no longer works!!

tiggrev

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
If you can't get swype I recommend ultra keyboard it's the most feature packed keyboard there is and there is a trial version. I'm recommending it because it's like three keyboards in one and more and highly customisable with a swype like keyboard some say is better than swype... go check it out in the market it's highly rated.

Hey, thanks for recommending Ultra Keyboard. I've been trying out most of the alternative keyboards and had almost settled on SlideIt, but Ultra KB is so versatile and it does everything I could want. I'm a happy camper now.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey, thanks for recommending Ultra Keyboard. I've been trying out most of the alternative keyboards and had almost settled on SlideIt, but Ultra KB is so versatile and it does everything I could want. I'm a happy camper now.

+1....dictionary leaves a bit to be desired, but it's working for me so far and the price is right around what I would pay for an app....I will see how my 24 hrs go!

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's hardly better in Swype. You'll swype and get incorrect words, or it pops up that prompt every other word, or won't do symbols properly, or fails to do contractions, or it screws up spaces, etc. I actually type faster on the stock keyboard simply because I don't have to fight with it on a regular basis to write exactly what I want to write.

Right there with you. Swype almost never gets words that are longer than maybe 7 letters. Most of the time it chooses a proper name. Then it takes forever to go back and correct it.

tll5fan

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
+1 for Ultra Keyboard.

Got sick of waiting on Swype (seriously, STILL not on the market?) so I decided to shop around. I found Shapewriter and loved it, but wished it had a voice input option. I tried SlideIt but the accuracy rating compared to Shapewriter was terrible.

And then I found Ultra Keyboard. Accurate, accepts voice inputs and has loads of customization options (and an easy to use help file to discover everything the keyboard can do). It's an excellent keyboard.

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
google + 2.4.44 might be your best friend

and swype inc wants to collect checks from phone makers and not supports the product directly. They have little concern about collecting from the app market when they have such big fish on the line. basically do you want a bunch of plankton or do you want that prize marlin?

tscharf

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm giving up on Swype and giving my money to the swiftkey devs. I liked Swype at first but the latest update was crap. Now I'm just fed up with having to search around for a new version of Swype to download every time the "demo" expires. I've been using Swiftkey since Swype stopped working for me yesterday and so far I like it. I'm sure after a few days of using it I will be just as fast as with Swype.

If Swype can't release an official version for the EVO after all this time, they aren't competent enough to earn my business. Just my 2 cents.

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm giving up on Swype and giving my money to the swiftkey devs. I liked Swype at first but the latest update was crap. Now I'm just fed up with having to search around for a new version of Swype to download every time the "demo" expires. I've been using Swiftkey since Swype stopped working for me yesterday and so far I like it. I'm sure after a few days of using it I will be just as fast as with Swype.

If Swype can't release an official version for the EVO after all this time, they aren't competent enough to earn my business. Just my 2 cents.

I whole heartedly agree! It is a company who is lucky enough to have a product that the demand far exceeds the hurdles to obtain it.

I myself would like a headset that works with my speech to text.