Swype package you installed is configured for another device

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I have the Swype Beta and i can only tap the letters, not Swype. I get the message listed in my subject when i enable Swype. I have tried the normal fixes like uninstalling, reinstalling as well as switching to another keyboard then back.

I used to use the leaked Swype and it worked fine, but i cannot get this one to work.

Not sure if there's a fix for this, or i have to just wait on another version. Maybe it's my ROM? (DC 1.0)

Thanks in advance

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I have the Swype Beta and i can only tap the letters, not Swype. I get the message listed in my subject when i enable Swype. I have tried the normal fixes like uninstalling, reinstalling as well as switching to another keyboard then back.

I used to use the leaked Swype and it worked fine, but i cannot get this one to work.

Not sure if there's a fix for this, or i have to just wait on another version. Maybe it's my ROM? (DC 1.0)

Thanks in advance

I'll e-mail them. I had the same problem when I switched Nexus Ones, and they said they could help ...

spacehippie2k

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I get the same message on my Droid after a reset. All I need to do is switch the input method to any other keyboard that's installed, and switch back to Swype, and I'm good to go. I don't know if it will work on the Hero, though. Hope it does!

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I get this every time I play with the system files on my Hero.
Use a third party tool to uninstall the swype keyboard, but not the beta installer apk.
Reboot the phone, and run the installer again to re-download and re-register the keyboard.

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I tried the steps above by using an uninstaller from the market and rebooting and reinstalling but am getting the same message and only tapping works

Update: Flashed the new Fresh 2.0d and Swype works for me now.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts