T-mobile data speeds, Phoenix AZ

va2azerik

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Glad to see a Phoenix thread! I am thinking about leaving Sprint and buying a Note 2 outright and go with Tmobile 4g unlimited plan. Anybody in the PHX area made that switch and if so how's it going? Faster speeds? reliable call? etc.

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see a Phoenix thread! I am thinking about leaving Sprint and buying a Note 2 outright and go with Tmobile 4g unlimited plan. Anybody in the PHX area made that switch and if so how's it going? Faster speeds? reliable call? etc.

Were you thinking of buying the international Note 2 or the T-Mobile version?

Danger_Mouse#AC

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking about switching to T-mobile from sprint. But I'm a little hesitant because I commute on Bart everyday for work from Daly City to Downtown SF. Have you taken Bart through SF and if so how it the data while in the tunnel? Thanks!

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Well, at least on my G-Nex, I've been really happy with T-Mo in Phoenix metro. I used to drop calls all the time on my 3 most recent handsets with Sprint (a Treo 700p, Palm Pre and Epic 4G). No dropped calls at home or work (yet), but I did drop a couple of calls while driving through the Tempe section of the US 60 (my Sprint service dropped quite a bit in that zone as well, so perhaps it could be a bit of a dead zone for any carrier).

Regarding data, my speeds are SIGNIFICANTLY faster. 3-8Mbps down on HSPA+ (depending on signal strength) and about 1.5Mbps up, on average. I think the fastest I've seen with Sprint in the last 3-4 years over 3G has been around 250Kbps in both directions. I do tend to drop to 2G/EDGE speeds when I'm deep inside a windowless building (like my storage facility), but other than that, the coverage has been pretty consistent in most of the places I go around town. I haven't travelled outside of Phoenix metro on T-Mo yet, so my experience with that has yet to be determined.

Camaihofer

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Just switched to Tmobile service on my nexus 4. I work in Peoria and live in Goodyear. I seeing really low speeds. Sometimes 1mb down. Is this the same norm for the Westside?

tbonn41fn

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Be careful with T-Mobile. They'll tell one thing and it doesn't work. They're incompetent folks at T-Mobile. Stay with a better carrier

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Android Central Forums

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I left T-Mobile in Phoenix because of high latency. If using any real-time apps, you'll notice a delay regardless of speed. I tether my laptop for work, and connect to a remote ssh Unix console all day long. 1000ms+ ping causes a delayed response (1 sec per character typed to be exact) when typing in this situation. If you had any multiplayer games or video chat, you'd notice a maddening delay with those as well. I was using an HTC One S, and I never got a chance to see if any other phones operated any differently. I was thinking of coming back, but not until they can show me the latency is fixed.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

chestont

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys sorry for resurrecting the post but I was curious if anyone in Phoenix has used the T-Mobile LTE service yet and how was the coverage? I am going back for a few weeks at the end of May and I was toying with the idea of flashing my Nexus with the LTE-compatible radio for fun.

iamdagwood

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Here is my LTE speed in Phoenix, at Rubio's on 44th st and Indian school (right next door to a T-Mobile store).

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368824132155.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368824132155.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 34

chestont

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Here is my LTE speed in Phoenix, at Rubio's on 44th st and Indian school (right next door to a T-Mobile store).

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

Perfect. That's just down the street from the area I will be visiting. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Rob220

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how good the coverage is around Surprise or Sun City area please?

Posted via Android Central App

Daniel Reynolds

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I live in North Phoenix but work in downtown. I have Verizon now and have had it for about 3 years. Never had a problem with 4G coverage or data speeds. Always been blazen fast. Anyone come from Verizon to Tmobile and have regrets?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I live in Gilbert and I have no data at home. But when I am at work, or when I am out and about, I get pretty good speeds with LTE.

View attachment 74545

I get nothing at home either but I use WiFi and use WiFi calling.. It's great :).

Below is a LTE speed test then a HSPA speed test.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1374511268996.jpg
    1374511268996.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 9
  • 1374511314412.jpg
    1374511314412.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 9

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member