T-Mobile: Galaxy S9/S9+ Official Pre-Order Thread

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I prefer midnight black myself but this almost makes me reconsider. Samsung's come a long way since the faux leather on the Galaxy S2!
I keep looking at my S8+ which is midnight black and it just looks boring now. Lol. If anything when I'm bored with the coral blue I can just change it up with a dbrand skin.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
How is the built in screen protector on it? How is sensitivity? I thought about getting it or the I Blason Magma case for my Note 8. I know it used a different material than most built in protectors due to the curved screen. The Defender for the s7 edge had a thicker material due to the curve. No dust ever got under it because it was so tight, but touch sensitivity was just terrible with it.
I only used it for a couple hours, but it's much improved over the note 8 version. You'll probably need to turn on screen sensitivity, but I think it's worth the money. I bought it with the buy 2 get 30% off deal on Amazon. Got 2 cases for $26.

Monee_121

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I have an Ultra Hybrid clear from Spigen, feels great and you can see the lovely color of the phone. Some fingerprints on the back but a quick wipe on anything and it's clear again.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
any reason to use the sim card in the box as opposed to using my existing SIM card?

No, like another member stated maybe hang onto it though. I upgrade to a new phone every year and I'm pretty sure I'm on the same SIM card from my Galaxy S4 when I switched to T-Mobile and switched to Android.

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Anyone notice fewer pre-installed apps on the Tmo variant? Also looks like Tmo dumped Lookout antivirus for McAfee. Not sure mcafee is an upgrade....? But the S9 was able to uninstall it, which is a plus.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Anyone notice fewer pre-installed apps on the Tmo variant? Also looks like Tmo dumped Lookout antivirus for McAfee. Not sure mcafee is an upgrade....? But the S9 was able to uninstall it, which is a plus.
Not sure about TMobile dumping lookout. I installed it and they still offer premium coverage for JOD customers.
Are u saying McAfee came preinstalled on ur phone?

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Not sure about TMobile dumping lookout. I installed it and they still offer premium coverage for JOD customers.
Are u saying McAfee came preinstalled on ur phone?

Yes, mcafee for TMobile came pre-installed. Lookout was not. I was able to setup an account on mcafee and it sure looks like it worked with my original JUMP subscription. Then I updated mcafee to latest and it gave an error registering my account. So, maybe there was a glitch they now fixed? Would be nice if they more elegantly let us know whether we're eligible. TMobile and their jump/security offerings has become a daunting menu.

Attachments

• 8027.jpg
    8027.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 53

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, mcafee for TMobile came pre-installed. Lookout was not. I was able to setup an account on mcafee and it sure looks like it worked with my original JUMP subscription. Then I updated mcafee to latest and it gave an error registering my account. So, maybe there was a glitch they now fixed? Would be nice if they more elegantly let us know whether we're eligible. TMobile and their jump/security offerings has become a daunting menu.
Weird thing is that neither came installed on my phone. I installed Lookout on my own and signed in. I didn't even know the plans were so elaborate at this point. Definitely gonna look into it. Thanks for sharing!

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Wondered why no protection was installed. Neither was installed for me. Installed Lookout since i assumed that was what they still use.

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Weird thing is that neither came installed on my phone. I installed Lookout on my own and signed in. I didn't even know the plans were so elaborate at this point. Definitely gonna look into it. Thanks for sharing!

For sure the app McAfee for TMobile was installed on my phone. I certainly didn't install it. Never liked McAfee but since Intel now owns them, figured maybe its improved.....?

I contact TMo on this. The reply I got was for me to continue using Lookout with my grandfathered original JUMP. I'm actually thinking of flying naked since in 4 years with Android, Lookout has never done anything other than remind me its there. The only reason I've kept it is because of the lost phone protection. Then again both Samsung and Google offer those services (and I've setup both). Thoughts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte17