Tempted By HTC 10?

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone tempted by the HTC 10? Or if you got one, what are your thoughts? Better or not worth the upgrade from 6P?

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm not tempted but I'm loving my 6p so it isn't too crazy that I'm not really tempted by anything else right now.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ruster Kat

May 5, 2016
Visit site
Got the 10 and love it. Super nice hardware, solid camera, nice screen, nice design (I dont like cases). I chose it over the 6P for the better USB, better cameras, better processor, SD card, oh-oh protection, and since I used HTC sense a couple of years ago and liked it. The 6P looks like a really solid choice though and it was a tough call for me because I was sorely tempted by the update speed and screen size on the 6P.

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Got the 10 and love it. Super nice hardware, solid camera, nice screen, nice design (I dont like cases). I chose it over the 6P for the better USB, better cameras, better processor, SD card, oh-oh protection, and since I used HTC sense a couple of years ago and liked it. The 6P looks like a really solid choice though and it was a tough call for me because I was sorely tempted by the update speed and screen size on the 6P.

Does HTC still do that 15 day software update schedule?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have thought about it only because I'm on an older VZW plan so if I get that phone, I'll get a $25 discount per month which makes the phone $2/month for me and because of the DAC. That's it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I got the unlocked HTC 10 but returned it back and came back to 6p because of the ability to run N. As a phone I loved the HTC 10, size is perfect other then camera which is good but not best.
Personally I love to run the latest software, try out new stuff so 6p was better even though size is little in the bigger side. If you are OK being on M then HTC 10 is definitely one of my top pick this year.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Anyone tempted by the HTC 10? Or if you got one, what are your thoughts? Better or not worth the upgrade from 6P?

Stick with the 6P. Had the 10 and returned it. Camera wasn't that good and was overpriced, especially when compared to the 6P.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Even with next gen specs, what can we possibly gain? The only thing I would really want that is different from my 6P is double battery. I go into labs where my phone switches from 3G to 1x constantly and I don't have access to their wifi and that drains my battery. But again, I have a car charger and wall charger in my backpack.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
This was the most difficult decision for me, regarding smartphones. I have the 6P but today I ordered the HTC 10. The reasons for that are pretty simple:
  • The build quality of the HTC is just better. The Nexus 6P is the first device I had that had scratches, even on the display (a very tiny one). Yesterday I also saw dust between the display and the device enclosure. I hate that! I want premium hardware. This is the most important thing for me.
  • I love the HTC design and the Boomsound speakers.
  • I like Blinkfeed

The Nexus 6P is a really great device, but I just wish it had even more premium hardware. The Nexus 6P is almost there, but it lacks the premium finish of the HTC 10 or an iPhone..

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
This was the most difficult decision for me, regarding smartphones. I have the 6P but today I ordered the HTC 10. The reasons for that are pretty simple:
  • The build quality of the HTC is just better. The Nexus 6P is the first device I had that had scratches, even on the display (a very tiny one). Yesterday I also saw dust between the display and the device enclosure. I hate that! I want premium hardware. This is the most important thing for me.
  • I love the HTC design and the Boomsound speakers.
  • I like Blinkfeed

The Nexus 6P is a really great device, but I just wish it had even more premium hardware. The Nexus 6P is almost there, but it lacks the premium finish of the HTC 10 or an iPhone..

Why would you not wait for the HTC Nexus then? It's only a few months away. What happened to the Nexus 6P is the "most personal" device you have ever owned?

robpz16

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I had the 6P and loved it. Was wooed by the 10 so I grabbed one and sold the 6P. Loved the 10 but missed the 6P, so I returned the 10 and purchased another 6P. Now as I sit here this morning, I love the 6P but miss the 10. I'm actually consumed by this decision and it's no good. I may just upgrade my line with another 10, keep both and take the hit. It's absolutely ridiculous.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Why would you not wait for the HTC Nexus then? It's only a few months away. What happened to the Nexus 6P is the "most personal" device you have ever owned?

It still is, I just do not like the difference in build quality. I held the HTC 10 in my hand on Saturday. It was love at first sight.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Nexus 6P any day over the HTC. Looks like a M9. Big money for so little. Love the slim frame and large display on the 6P.

edwin walke

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Cannot see how the HTC 10 design/build quality is better than the 6P. I have a M9 and A9 neither are any better. The 10 is a slightly modded M9.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Just look at the buttons. The quality of the metal is also better. Also look how the glass is built into the body of the device, with no gaps in between. It is the small details..

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
It still is, I just do not like the difference in build quality. I held the HTC 10 in my hand on Saturday. It was love at first sight.

I've had the M7 and M9 and this 6P doesn't feel any less premium than those did in my experience. I haven't held a 10 yet but even if I did I am not spending $1,000 on a phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23