Texting Apps & Keyboard Question

dotsgurl

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

Couple of questions. Very frustrated by the phones most basic customizations! As always, thanks in advance.

1. I've tried both Chomp and GoSMSPro so far and my #1 complaint is that their notifications sound trumps the sounds I have set for specific contacts. Is there a way to work around this or an app that doesn't do this? I want my notification sounds to ring according to how I have them set in my contacts. I don't want one universal notification for all my incoming texts.

2. Is there a keyboard replacement for the s4 that actually shows emojis??? I have tried Go, Kii, Google, and A.I.type. My work around for the above frustration was to use the stock messaging app with a replacement keyboard, but seeing blanks squares instead of emojis is driving me crazy.

Any help would be appreciated.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

Couple of questions. Very frustrated by the phones most basic customizations! As always, thanks in advance.

1. I've tried both Chomp and GoSMSPro so far and my #1 complaint is that their notifications sound trumps the sounds I have set for specific contacts. Is there a way to work around this or an app that doesn't do this? I want my notification sounds to ring according to how I have them set in my contacts. I don't want one universal notification for all my incoming texts.

2. Is there a keyboard replacement for the s4 that actually shows emojis??? I have tried Go, Kii, Google, and A.I.type. My work around for the above frustration was to use the stock messaging app with a replacement keyboard, but seeing blanks squares instead of emojis is driving me crazy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Can't help you much about the sounds as I don't play notification sounds on my devices. As far as emoji, using facebook messenger (which is what I am using now) or textra (used before facebook messenger) they both have built in emoji in the app. Facebook messenger can be used as a sms replacement app so if you don't mind having your facebook and sms chats shown in 1 app, I would recommend this. If not, go Textra. Maybe it will also solve your notification issues. I haven't found a good keyboard app that is both accurate and have emoji built in. I use Google keyboard by the way. It's clean and accurate.

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
You have to go into the Chomp settings and set the ring tones per contact through there, then turn off notifications through the stock messenger.
I use Chomp and have different custom ring tones per contact.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlondIffy