Texts Showing up as "Tap to Download" AT MY WITS END HERE!

Joyce C

Sep 10, 2022
Visit site
Android Boost Cerlero 5G phone. For the past couple of days I keep getting texts from friends that say tap to download only nothing happens when I tap them. It shows up as a blue tap to download icon. I have tried clearing the caches and data from my messages app and even that doesn't help. I've gone into settings and everything looks normal. HELP!!! What am I missing here?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That usually means that you're not properly connected to mobile data, since MMS messages (i.e., picture texts and group texts) require mobile data. Are you certain your mobile data is on?

Did you get the phone directly from Boos, or did you bring it from somewhere else?

psychel

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Just had this problem. Here's the solution.
Android data allowance defaults to blocking data once the monthly data allowance is reached. Mine blocked at 5gb. I have 50gb. By resetting the limit (or turning it off), the "tap to download" problem disappeared.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just had this problem. Here's the solution.
Android data allowance defaults to blocking data once the monthly data allowance is reached. Mine blocked at 5gb. I have 50gb. By resetting the limit (or turning it off), the "tap to download" problem disappeared.
Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for pointing that out! To elaborate a bit more, the Data Warning & Limit menu should have two separate options -- one to set a simple warning, and one to set an actual limit. The warning shouldn't cause problems, but the limit certainly could.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky