the 1 thing I hate about my NEXUS4......speaker placement

atrixfll

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
What was LG /google thinking, by putting the speaker flush on the back..

You leave the phone on its back and the VOLUME is not loud enough..

there aren`t any apps that work to increase the volume

so any ideas from cyber space would be helpful

thanks

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
What was LG /google thinking, by putting the speaker flush on the back..

You leave the phone on its back and the VOLUME is not loud enough..

there aren`t any apps that work to increase the volume

so any ideas from cyber space would be helpful

thanks

The placement is a little vexing. I searched a bit for an app that would increase master volume but came up empty (though I was more concerned with the volume when I'm linked to another device like an external bluetooth speaker). You probably need root access to do so, if it's possible at all. Of course I didn't search the play store exhaustively so it's possible I missed something.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
All phone company's suck with speaker placement. Why wouldn't they put the speakers on the front of the device where it would be projecting towards the listener? There are also EQ apps on the market that can help this

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

atrixfll

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Amazing is that I was playing with an iphone and there squared off bottom has the speaker on the lower outside corner.

No... I wont get an Iphone (they suck).. but its a pretty interesting design

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Amazing is that I was playing with an iphone and there squared off bottom has the speaker on the lower outside corner.

iPhone's have always had speaker on the bottom... I hate it. You can't play games or watch videos without blocking to speakers.

I don't understand why this is a constant complaint. Most any phone has the speaker on the rear, and if you put that phone backsid down you're going to inhibit the sound waves. This isn't a new "problem" and no app will "fix" the physical design of the phone.

All phone company's suck with speaker placement. Why wouldn't they put the speakers on the front of the device where it would be projecting towards the listener? There are also EQ apps on the market that can help this

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I'm right there with you, bud. I've never understood why speakers weren't place, you know, facing the user. Who's bright idea was directing sound away from the users?

boparunsxc

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't use my N4 for listening to music a whole lot, but even when it's on its back the speaker is pretty loud and has good clarity. I've never not gotten up for my alarm (a problem with some of my old phones) and never really had an issue with the speaker placement. In my opinion, increasing the volume any higher than its current max will negatively affect clarity...

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site

The iPhone 5 speaker placement and speaker itself is way better I enjoy the nexus 4 but it can't touch the iPhone 5 speaker volume or placement and both phones regardless of where its placed you will block it gamed or typing I use both phones

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 5 speaker placement and speaker itself is way better I enjoy the nexus 4 but it can't touch the iPhone 5 speaker volume or placement and both phones regardless of where its placed you will block it gamed or typing I use both phones

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

The iP5's speaker is definitely terrific, but I'll say again: I think it's placement is genuinely terrible. Watching video or playing games it is entirely impossible not to block the speaker.

I just wish speakers were on the front already.

nexus4auir

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
The iP5's speaker is definitely terrific, but I'll say again: I think it's placement is genuinely terrible. Watching video or playing games it is entirely impossible not to block the speaker.

If the perforated areas on the top and bottom of the new HTC phone are what I think they are, this phone's design should solve that problem.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

You're holding it wrong.

Michael Morris2

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
The speaker is designed to bounce off the floor/surface with the screen facing the person, I think that?s why the sound quality is better with the speaker facing away from you. But you can get a better max volume with the speaker facing you. One tip, when holding your phone landscape mode cup your right hand so that the sound bounces off your palm and towards you, allows you to hear a lot better. If this is a deal breaker I have two words for you: Bluetooth Speaker

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys91