The 2013 NFL Offseason Thread

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Myself, I hate this time of year due to the NFL off season as there are few other sports I care to follow. I kind of like NHL hockey though, but don't get into it until later in the season as they play so many games.

As to the NFL off season discussion, I'm concerned how my Broncos will build off last season. Is Peyton?s arm strength ok yet? Does he have another year or two left in him? Will Coach Fox pull his head out and stop playing so conservative (reason they lost the playoff game to the Ravens!)? Will Champ Bailey come back for another season or retire?

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Myself, I hate this time of year due to the NFL off season as there are few other sports I care to follow. I kind of like NHL hockey though, but don't get into it until later in the season as they play so many games.

As to the NFL off season discussion, I'm concerned how my Broncos will build off last season. Is Peyton?s arm strength ok yet? Does he have another year or two left in him? Will Coach Fox pull his head out and stop playing so conservative (reason they lost the playoff game to the Ravens!)? Will Champ Bailey come back for another season or retire?

I am in No Way a Peyton fan but I think its fair to say you don't have any worries where it concerns him. The conservative gameplay is another matter.
I'm a Steelers fan myself. We definitely need to put new blood into our aging team. Not often we don't make it to the post season.

Sent from my Cyano-Mod'd Nexus 7

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I like how people assume Philip Rivers is on the decline. Take away any quarterback's Pro-Bowl offensive line and see how well they do.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I am in No Way a Peyton fan but I think its fair to say you don't have any worries where it concerns him. The conservative gameplay is another matter.
I'm a Steelers fan myself. We definitely need to put new blood into our aging team. Not often we don't make it to the post season.

Steelers need to fix the locker room right now. And their conditioning coach/staff should be replaced. Way too many injuries

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Steelers need to fix the locker room right now. And their conditioning coach/staff should be replaced. Way too many injuries

According ton the team news feed they have begun that process. New conditioning coach, wr coach, and a few others. Rooney's been on the war path and Mendenhall is out. IMO Harrison should renogotiate his numbers or ride out, too old to make demands.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
According ton the team news feed they have begun that process. New conditioning coach, wr coach, and a few others. Rooney's been on the war path and Mendenhall is out. IMO Harrison should renogotiate his numbers or ride out, too old to make demands.

We'll be back. I'm ready for 2013.

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Proud to say I'm a Steelers fan. Players giving up millions so other deserving players can stay and get paid fairly. Teamwork on and off the field.
I also wanna add...Joe Flacco is now officially the highest paid bum in history.

Sent from my Cyano-Mod'd Nex7 using Tapatalk HD

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
As a born and bred Philadelphian, this is the first time I looked forward to a season in my adult life having no idea what's going to happen.

And that feeling alone is tremendously exhilarating.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Proud to say I'm a Steelers fan. Players giving up millions so other deserving players can stay and get paid fairly. Teamwork on and off the field.
I also wanna add...Joe Flacco is now officially the highest paid bum in history.

I agree but it ties up money and messes up their cap in the future. So, let them sign Bert Flaccid to the highest contract in history. Bwhahahahahahahahaha.

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't be happier that my Seahawks grabbed Percy Harvin. This upcoming season might be the first time ever that I'll be enthusiastic about the Seahawks wide receivers. Of course, they've had big signings before that were washes :( Just gotta hope Cheat Carroll keeps steering the ship right.

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't be happier that my Seahawks grabbed Percy Harvin. This upcoming season might be the first time ever that I'll be enthusiastic about the Seahawks wide receivers. Of course, they've had big signings before that were washes :( Just gotta hope Cheat Carroll keeps steering the ship right.

Yep gotta agree. Seahawks are definitely one of the teams to watch this upcoming season. Especially since it seems they have the 49ers number.

Shocked that the Patriots let Wes Welker go. Awesome though that the Broncos picked him up; another weapon for Peyton to utilize. They now have one of the best receiver cores in the NFL. :)

Come on now, Synycal, as if Peyton needs another weapon to utilize lol :D

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
All i want from this 2013 season is for RG3 to not end his career & take the skins 1 more game past what he did this previous season

All animals are equal but some are more equal than others

McSkullough

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
As a born and bred Philadelphian, this is the first time I looked forward to a season in my adult life having no idea what's going to happen.

And that feeling alone is tremendously exhilarating.

Yes! First time since I've became a fan that we've had this major of an overhaul. Very excited to see how all of these pieces fit together.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
All i want from this 2013 season is for RG3 to not end his career & take the skins 1 more game past what he did this previous season

All animals are equal but some are more equal than others

I definitely felt for RG3. I was happy the Seahawks won but what a terrible way for a great player to end his first season. RG3 is just so much fun to watch. I hope he's around for a good long time.

...a good long time of losing to my Seahawks every post season :p

cqpearson

May 30, 2012
Visit site
All i want from this 2013 season is for RG3 to not end his career & take the skins 1 more game past

RG3 unfortunately lacks the physical body to match his superior athleticism. Management knew it and that explains why Danny boy had no problem getting 2 QBs. This is the NFL, not D1 ball.

Most are news watchers, others are news makers.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
RG3 unfortunately lacks the physical body to match his superior athleticism. Management knew it and that explains why Danny boy had no problem getting 2 QBs. This is the NFL, not D1 ball.

Most are news watchers, others are news makers.

That doesn't take away the fact that he is a gifted qb. I just don't want his career to end.

Hear no Napoleon, Hear No Snowball. Just hear yelling, over the old ravens whispers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol