The camera will sink this phone...

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
It was claimed it was a hardware problem. It isn't. You tried to claim again that it was, because third party camera apps don't affect it. It still isn't.

The problem is with the software and firmware of the camera.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
I'm glad to see you're just as confused as I thought you were.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
It has tap to focus option ..it focuses on the spot where You tapped and takes the picture ..HDR also helps if you are taking pictures of stationary object s ..and x is the best phone camera out there capable of taking very good action pics Without blur

Posted via Android Central App

You can take those action shots on any decent camera phone with 0 shutter lag and decent camera optics, provided lighting is decent and you don't have to move the device around too much. I've done it on a One X, GS3, and I know it's possible on the GS4, One (definitely), and even some of the better Nokia camera phones. For most of them you can just use Burst Shots and you'll get a relatively decent picture, even...

I've never been a fan of Motorola device as far as the Camera is concerned. It's kind of frustrating that they have continued to struggle there, because their build quality (for flagships, at least) is pretty good and durable.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
You got that with a GS3? That's IMPRESSIVE. Mine, my brothers and my buddies couldn't last 4-5hrs on standby let alone getting 3 hrs on screen at 11hrs being standby. Care to post a SS of that?

Posted via Android Central App

Took a day trip last week with mine. Used Google Maps for Walking and Transit Directions. Watched some videos. Used the camera a lot. Left home at 9:30 AM and got back after 9 PM (actually closer to 10 PM). Had over 40% battery left. Verizon S3 Stock no modifications. All motion features except two turned on, Auto Brightness, GPS on, BT on when I got phone calls, quite a bit of web browsing and texting, etc.

Not sure what you're getting that from... My battery life on this phone is a revelation, especially coming from a Skyrocket. Almost makes me regret I didn't upgrade earlier.

I was connected to LTE practically the whole time.

The Moto X is more interesting to me because of the external customization options. Some of them are nice, so when the price drops I may grab one from Verizon so I can wear it with certain outfits when I go out (Lol).

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 5 isn't better than the PureView 808 or the Lumia 1020.

Times have changed.

If the Moto X camera has color saturation issues, then that is likely a software issue that can be fixed with a FW update.

The iPhone 5 is a year old and still is the best smartphone camera so expect the iPhone 5s camera to be even better. Camera quality in hardware and software is a priority for Apple.
I expect these issues to be fixed in software update but it really wasn't smart to release it wiht he camera in such a state. Every review I have seen, even the most fan boyish, have complained about the camera.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone 5 isn't better than the PureView 808 or the Lumia 1020.

Times have changed.

If the Moto X camera has color saturation issues, then that is likely a software issue that can be fixed with a FW update.

If Moto cared about the camera it wouldn't have been introduced with these issues though. ...so I'm not gonna hold my breath for a fix. I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my humble Note 10.1/Note 8.0/S4

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad to see you're just as confused as I thought you were.

Not confused at all. The camera has firmware issues that will be fixed. It does not have a hardware problem.

Drop your attitude if you're going to participate in this discussion.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
If Moto cared about the camera it wouldn't have been introduced with these issues though. ...so I'm not gonna hold my breath for a fix. I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my humble Note 10.1/Note 8.0/S4

Nokia phones launched with camera software issues they had to fix. These things happen.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Not confused at all. The camera has firmware issues that will be fixed. It does not have a hardware problem.

Feel free to go back and look through all my posts where I talk about the photo issue stemming from software problems; I'm not a moron. It's a digital device, of course its software related. But when I'm talking about the camera system as a whole, from light entering the lens to it being stored as memory, I will refer to it as hardware...since that's what it is. Your little "discussion" revolves around ONE word amid many. You chose to ignore the rest of my post so you could zero in on it, as if my *disagreeable* word choice devalued the rest of what I said.

If you'd like to actually go back, read the string of posts, get a little context, and respond in kind, then maybe we can get something going. If all you want to do is argue semantics, then you're on your own big guy.

chr1sny

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

What's Motorola's record for using software or firmware fixes to improve camera performance again?

*crickets*

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Feel free to go back and look through all my posts where I talk about the photo issue stemming from software problems; I'm not a moron. It's a digital device, of course its software related. But when I'm talking about the camera system as a whole, from light entering the lens to it being stored as memory, I will refer to it as hardware...since that's what it is. Your little "discussion" revolves around ONE word amid many. You chose to ignore the rest of my post so you could zero in on it, as if my *disagreeable* word choice devalued the rest of what I said.

If you'd like to actually go back, read the string of posts, get a little context, and respond in kind, then maybe we can get something going. If all you want to do is argue semantics, then you're on your own big guy.

No. When you say the camera has hardware problems, you are referring to the actual hardware of the camera. Software is distinct from the hardware. (Whether you understand that or not) White balance is an issue with the camera's firmware and can be fixed through an update. You attempted to claim a hardware defect when there is none. Whether you intended to mean a software defect is not our problem, because that isn't what you posted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej