Not open for further replies.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
37673a52e8a0e018708890e3fbd7eaf6.jpg

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Kelly or one of the mods. It would be interesting to post a poll to see how folks are going to participate in the recall. Based on what I have seen so far, if you are with a major US carrier, you have at least a couple of these options available to you.

1. I am returning mine immediately for a refund, and getting a different phone now
2. I am returning mine immediately for a refund, and getting one of the upcoming launch phones
3. I am returning mine for a loaner until a Note 7 replacement is available
4. I am holding mine until a Note 7 replacement is available.

Personally, I am group 4. I am not worried about the battery and I like this phone more than anything I see on the horizon.

Weils

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
So basically does everyone have to send their phones in? What do they use in meantime if they don't have another phone?
This is probably gonna be called BLOW gate lol

For my country, replacement instructions will come next week. I don't think they will leave you without a phone hanging. I'm guessing you will need to register your phone for replacement, wait at least a few weeks, bring your phone in to exchange for the new one. As for backup, Smart Switch for PC/Mac will await once I return with the replacement. :)

alexeisch

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Just got notice that T-Mobile is allowing customers to go into any store and get a refund and then either pick out another phone to purchase or wait two weeks to get another Note 7….and what the heck am I supposed to do in the meantime? So I can return this one and buy another phone and then be stuck with that one and if I want to get a Note 7 in two weeks (or whenever they become available) be stuck with the other phone as well….so I wind up buying TWO phones?! Or I can return the Note 7 and then be without a phone for two weeks while I wait for the new ones to come out and then have to potentially wait in line to get one of those?!?!?!

And FYI, this happened to a friend of mine (not a friend of a friend of a friend…..). Check it out.

Capture.JPG

At first I was ok with all this and I still believe that Samsung is doing the right thing but T-Mobile’s handling (buy a new phone and then come back in a few weeks and buy another one) is just horrible. At least Sprint is giving out loaner phones in the meantime…..FAIL T-MOBILE.

Ultimately I will be hanging onto my phone and waiting until the new versions are available in store. I think the instances of phones actually exploding are so few and far between that it is not worth my buying a new phone and then debating to spend another $900 to buy yet another Note 7.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Purchased Note7 at Best Buy

It should be based on what the carrier is doing, since Best Buy is simply being a middleman between the customer and the carrier. Example, my $36 per month is going on my Verizon bill- not through Best Buy. Best Buy makes money on the accessories and warranties. That is about it.

ray689

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Will you stick with the Note 7 if there is a recall or get different phone?

0.1% of all total Note 7 made to date.... and they are replacing ALL handsets??!!

Yeah... something more here :confused:

Telling me they can't find the batteries in question by build lots??

I'm wondering the same thing and if this isn't a much larger issue. The reason i question it is there have been reports of other previous Samsung (and Apple) devices catching fire and never has there been a world wide recall. Something doesn't add up.

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
For those few of you who keep slamming me because I say I'm not returning mine or I don't think this affects me or keeps regurgitating that line this affects all devices and so forth. Here's my situation: mine is a T-Mobile phone that I bought from an eBay dealer. I just finished a frustrating conversation with T-Mobile, and they say they cannot refund my money or exchange my device. The eBay dealer says, sorry, the listing said no refunds. So go ahead and regurgitate all you want that Samsung says they are recalling every device, but they are clearly not recalling mine, because nobody will accept mine back, so I will just live with the threat of an explosion while I'm sleeping at night, thank you, and go ahead and flame me now for supposedly not being a responsible Citizen and sending mine back.

They are recalling yours. You can still get a refund. You need to contact Ebay. They will force the seller to accept a recall refund. They have to. I fogot when or what it was for, but recall issues and Ebay have happened in the past. And if I recall correctly, Ebay forced sellers to refund.

Recalls are part of the job of a seller on Ebay. They can't avoid them because their policy says "no returns".

Contact The Bay ;)

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Any compensation for recall?

Its fairly vague on how long we will be stuck with these temporary devices, a matter of days....weeks? Samsung should def do something to keep their customers happy especially with the looming iphone 7 launch.
Sprint indicated two weeks and I have a feeling that Sammy will be going out of their way to make customers happy. I expect to see some sort of something.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
For those few of you who keep slamming me because I say I'm not returning mine or I don't think this affects me or keeps regurgitating that line this affects all devices and so forth. Here's my situation: mine is a T-Mobile phone that I bought from an eBay dealer. I just finished a frustrating conversation with T-Mobile, and they say they cannot refund my money or exchange my device. The eBay dealer says, sorry, the listing said no refunds. So go ahead and regurgitate all you want that Samsung says they are recalling every device, but they are clearly not recalling mine, because nobody will accept mine back, so I will just live with the threat of an explosion while I'm sleeping at night, thank you, and go ahead and flame me now for supposedly not being a responsible Citizen and sending mine back.
The eBay dealer can't ignore a recall, that is illegal. If they won't take care if it, report him to eBay and the federal government.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Most likely you'll be able to contact Samsung directly to get an RMA. No phone left behind.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Kelly or one of the mods. It would be interesting to post a poll to see how folks are going to participate in the recall. Based on what I have seen so far, if you are with a major US carrier, you have at least a couple of these options available to you.

1. I am returning mine immediately for a refund, and getting a different phone now
2. I am returning mine immediately for a refund, and getting one of the upcoming launch phones
3. I am returning mine for a loaner until a Note 7 replacement is available
4. I am holding mine until a Note 7 replacement is available.

Personally, I am group 4. I am not worried about the battery and I like this phone more than anything I see on the horizon.
That might be a good idea when we can get some more info on what all the carriers say.

Everyone including the carriers are very confused right now.

Weils

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site

Same here. I will be checking with Samsung once the replacement instructions come in, since I bought it directly from them. Just hope they only need information on identification such as serial / IMEI numbers to register for replacement instead of giving it to them on the spot and go without a phone for the next few weeks.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I kind of find it humorous that all these execs in the US are gonna be working on their holiday weekend. I only say that cuz I'm one of the peons that have to work every holiday.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just got notice that T-Mobile is allowing customers to go into any store and get a refund and then either pick out another phone to purchase or wait two weeks to get another Note 7….and what the heck am I supposed to do in the meantime? So I can return this one and buy another phone and then be stuck with that one and if I want to get a Note 7 in two weeks (or whenever they become available) be stuck with the other phone as well….so I wind up buying TWO phones?! Or I can return the Note 7 and then be without a phone for two weeks while I wait for the new ones to come out and then have to potentially wait in line to get one of those?!?!?!
TMO isn't confirming yet what to do of your bring the phone back yet. They are still trying to work out the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.