The have you gotten Android Lollipop 5.0 thread!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Tee have you gotten Android Lollipop 5.0 thread!

The OTA has in fact started. Here is the OTA link if you want to side load it coming from 4.4.4 KTU84Q: [REF] Nexus 5 Stock OTA URLs - Post #215 - XDA Forums

I think we need to remember how many devices are in the wild. We're talking hundreds of thousands/millions of each device. Note tens or hundreds. It'll take time to receive the OTA, and one main reason for what appears to be a slow rollout, is that Google is able to see how the update is affecting users. If the update has a serious flaw then they can stop the OTA before the masses are able to accept the update.

Alex Karim

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

I side loaded it and I have more bugs on the final release than the developer preview...

Posted via the Android Central App

zedz

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
You're better off without Lollipop at this early stage unless you're happy to put up with a number of apps that simply don't work.

Posted via the Android Central App with Nexus 5 or 9.

Last edited:

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Got it around 3:00 pm EST on the 13th. Pretty nice, overall. Only app that's broken for me, so far, is Swiftkey. Hope they release an update soon. I'm liking a lot about lollipop, but really wish there was a dark theme available. There's an awful lot of white going on here.

Posted via my Nexus 5 via the Android Central App

thetonyclifton

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site

I still don't have it at 09.30 on 14th am on GiffGaff (o2) in the UK.

Is there a problem or am I just in a line waiting? I unrooted and reset to factory in advance of lollipop and immediately got all the other OTAs I needed to get up to 4.4.4

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I still don't have it at 09.30 on 14th am on GiffGaff (o2) in the UK.

Is there a problem or am I just in a line waiting? I unrooted and reset to factory in advance of lollipop and immediately got all the other OTAs I needed to get up to 4.4.4

honestly if you already reset to factory why not just install the factory image?

btroberts011

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Battery save mode is cool. Simple things that I love/hate
Lost that display on/off animation. Unlock screen is sweet!
Animations are amazing and smooth!

G1, myTouch(rooted), NexusS, Nexus5