The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone 5 has been selling even better than the SG3, has been highly praised, and tops customer satisfaction. Yet, I somehow doubt any of you would get this upset if people were calling it crap.

Also funny how whenever anyone mentions anecdotal evidence, the defenders always have the exact opposite anecdotal evidence. What are the odds of that? I mean not just something like "well I have 5 friends who got one, and one had to have it swapped, but all are fine now" or "I know 5, and some have minor issues, one doesn't like the feel and another doesn't like the screen, but we're all happy with our phones", its "We all have one, and they've all been perfect, and everyone loves it" <sarcasm>Gee, I dunno which one sounds made up.
You get those people from both sides, no point whining about one side doing something when the other side is just as guilty. Move on.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The power of marketing my friend. Sure the S3 is a feature packed phone but have you taken a look at the S3 section of this forum lately? Its plagued with threads of people complaining of issues with their S3. Freezing issues, over heating issues, Battery draining issues, various OS issues, etc.... Popular? yes! Problem free? far from! Not to mention compared to flagship devices of other manufacturers such as HTC, Apple, and Nokia, the S3 feels very cheap in the hand.

Wait so only Samsung phones have problems?

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
It screams troll because the complaints are ridiculous and rare if they exist at all. "Touch wiz is a mess" what an educated statement that means nothing. The S3 is one of the best selling, widely reviewed and highly praised phones of all time. These are facts beyond dispute. This whole cheap plastic argument is at best a matter of personal preference and at worst just plain stupid. The sky high sales and widespread PROFESSIONAL praise dispel that nonsense.

How does "Touchwiz is a mess" mean nothing? You rant about personal opinion, yet write off any personal opinions on Touchwiz (primarily that someone could possibly not like it - oh dear!). It's 100% personal opinion. In fact, it's the only real differentiator between the SIII and One X. I dislike Touchwiz. It's design language is inconsistent and I don't like that - in terms of how core apps have different styles and color schemes (this is physical appearance, which is a fact. I don't like it (which is an opinion)). I also dislike how it handles certain things in the OS. And that's my personal preference; I can easily choose to not get a Touchwiz phone if I like. How much it sells or the quality of reviews it gets do not in any way invalidate my personal opinion on the phone. The plastic construction is personal preference to a degree, but when it comes to how well put together the phone is and the materials used, there is definitely a certain degree of objectivity. To write off build quality as "personal preference" yet simultaneously dismiss anyone who criticizes Touchwiz is pretty low. If you're fine with the materials used and build quality, you're free to go with it. But please don't dismiss those who criticize it as "plain stupid".

The iPhone 5 has been selling even better than the SG3, has been highly praised, and tops customer satisfaction. Yet, I somehow doubt any of you would get this upset if people were calling it crap.

Also funny how whenever anyone mentions anecdotal evidence, the defenders always have the exact opposite anecdotal evidence. What are the odds of that? I mean not just something like "well I have 5 friends who got one, and one had to have it swapped, but all are fine now" or "I know 5, and some have minor issues, one doesn't like the feel and another doesn't like the screen, but we're all happy with our phones", its "We all have one, and they've all been perfect, and everyone loves it" <sarcasm>Gee, I dunno which one sounds made up.

And this is precisely why anecdotal evidence is worthless in any debate.

No, it's the fact the 10s of millions of people have bought the S3 and it has been reviewed and rated by virtually every media/tech outlet in the solar system and almost universally the S3 ranks as the top Android phone and top alternative to the iPhone. This has little to do with marketing and everything to do with Samsung having hit a home run. FYI, Consumer Reports ranks the S3 extremely high, so if there were REAL issues regarding its plastic construction I'm sure they wouldnt have recommend it.

What do sales have to do with determining its quality? How many iPhone haters are there on this forum? I certainly don't dig it. But guess what - it was incredibly well-reviewed (AT LEAST as well as the SIII) and sold astronomically. Sales do not determine a product's worth. And many people, including me, have aknowledged that the SIII was well reviewed and is indeed a quality phone. Hell, I used one for over a month. But the discussion here was on why it sold so well. Anybody with their head screwed on tight can see that it's a quality product. But everyone should also be able to recognize that the other part of the equation to its huge success over a largely similar competitor was a huge marketing campaign.

jasongeiger

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I like touch wiz after coming from sense 3, 6. Maybe its more to my tastes now nut I doubt its drastically different.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
No, it's the fact the 10s of millions of people have bought the S3 and it has been reviewed and rated by virtually every media/tech outlet in the solar system and almost universally the S3 ranks as the top Android phone and top alternative to the iPhone. This has little to do with marketing and everything to do with Samsung having hit a home run. FYI, Consumer Reports ranks the S3 extremely high, so if there were REAL issues regarding its plastic construction I'm sure they wouldnt have recommend it.

Not sure if you quoted me by mistake, not sure how this reply relates to my other post?

You get those people from both sides, no point whining about one side doing something when the other side is just as guilty. Move on.

Not whining, making an observation.

How does "Touchwiz is a mess" mean nothing? You rant about personal opinion, yet write off any personal opinions on Touchwiz (primarily that someone could possibly not like it - oh dear!). It's 100% personal opinion. In fact, it's the only real differentiator between the SIII and One X. I dislike Touchwiz. It's design language is inconsistent and I don't like that - in terms of how core apps have different styles and color schemes (this is physical appearance, which is a fact. I don't like it (which is an opinion)). I also dislike how it handles certain things in the OS. And that's my personal preference; I can easily choose to not get a Touchwiz phone if I like. How much it sells or the quality of reviews it gets do not in any way invalidate my personal opinion on the phone. The plastic construction is personal preference to a degree, but when it comes to how well put together the phone is and the materials used, there is definitely a certain degree of objectivity. To write off build quality as "personal preference" yet simultaneously dismiss anyone who criticizes Touchwiz is pretty low. If you're fine with the materials used and build quality, you're free to go with it. But please don't dismiss those who criticize it as "plain stupid".

And this is precisely why anecdotal evidence is worthless in any debate.

What do sales have to do with determining its quality? How many iPhone haters are there on this forum? I certainly don't dig it. But guess what - it was incredibly well-reviewed (AT LEAST as well as the SIII) and sold astronomically. Sales do not determine a product's worth. And many people, including me, have aknowledged that the SIII was well reviewed and is indeed a quality phone. Hell, I used one for over a month. But the discussion here was on why it sold so well. Anybody with their head screwed on tight can see that it's a quality product. But everyone should also be able to recognize that the other part of the equation to its huge success over a largely similar competitor was a huge marketing campaign.

Exactly. I'm sorry to the Samsung fans here, but to me the GS3 is a crappy designed and feeling phone. It has the specs, no doubt, but with touchwiz, that design, and screen I would never spend my money on that phone. Sorry if that somehow offends you. And no, it doesn't matter to me how many are sold and how highly reviewed it gets, I have seen one and picked one up and didn't like it, and that wont change. I don't know why it bothers some people so much if someone on the internet doesn't like the product they purchased.

Now if the new rumors are true if the GS4 is ditching AMOLED for IPS, and a new design with an aluminum frame are true, it might be a different story. Heck I may like that phone enough to consider buying.

gtlegendz

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Correct samsung will always will, plus I had the dna, and the only thing that impressed me was the body and the screen. I switched back to the s3 because it shows very similar preformance. Which the dna is supposed to be way faster.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I hope the HTC One, S4 and Moto X are all big hits. It's never good to have only one dominant player in the Android space as that stifles innovation and competition (and better prices).

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Well the observation that GS3 built quality is nowhere near One X's is not just us talking, but the overwhelming majority of tech reviewers. Especially the recent tech podcasts looking back and comparing HTC built quality vs Samsung. Everyone is unanimous in hoping to see a better built Galaxy phone which I personally don't believe it'll happen this year.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Well the observation that GS3 built quality is nowhere near One X's is not just us talking, but the overwhelming majority of tech reviewers. Especially the recent tech podcasts looking back and comparing HTC built quality vs Samsung. Everyone is unanimous in hoping to see a better built Galaxy phone which I personally don't believe it'll happen this year.
Because samsung like to be cheap.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
That article said it was coming out on 3/15 but it only mentioned T-Mobile and AT&T do we know when Sprint will get it?

kinz7865

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I agree that the galaxy series have a cheap build, and does ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO ON THE HTC ONE USA SHIPPING DATE!! Sorry for the caps, but I can't find info anywhere.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d