The HTC One will be a hit, pass Galaxy S4 for ONE reason..

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Don't worry, the real difference becomes obvious when you look at resale values ;)

Sent from owning you using Tapatalk 2

Exactly. The Galaxy Nexus was released the same time as the iPhone 4S. The iPhone 4S 16GB goes for a solid $300-$350 still on Craigslist in my area. The Galaxy Nexus is listed constantly for $120-$150 tops.

New ones are $200 from retailers online because Verizon couldn't sell them.

stewbug

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
My choice between the HTC One and the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be based solely upon the carriers. I have US Cellular (sucks for phones I know) so whichever phone will be on US Cellular that's the one I will choose. If they are both on there, then I will definitely choose the HTC One.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
This post screams troll. I haven't had one of these issues. Maybe my family was just lucky with the 5 s3s we purchased.....

Sent from my Sammy Device.

We have three in my immediate family, and at least that many in other family members. None of us have had any issues, and all of us are happy with the Galaxy S3. That being said, I want the HTC One because I prefer Sense's interface.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

chris2k5

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I definitely see the HTC One being a hit. They just need to make sure Verizon gets it too.
Samsung and their pathetic plastic excuses of phones will soon be doomed. I've been telling all of my colleagues in the market for a phone to avoid the Samsung products in general because of how cheap they feel and actually are.

One girl at work was going to get the S3 after seeing the commercial and I told her to get the DNA instead and she is pleased.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I definitely see the HTC One being a hit. They just need to make sure Verizon gets it too.
Samsung and their pathetic plastic excuses of phones will soon be doomed. I've been telling all of my colleagues in the market for a phone to avoid the Samsung products in general because of how cheap they feel and actually are.

One girl at work was going to get the S3 after seeing the commercial and I told her to get the DNA instead and she is pleased.

No, Verizon does not need this phone. God no. You folks think HTC is slow with updates now...Verizon gets the One and I doubt it'll ever see 5.0. And by the time it did, the next One would probably be out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I would definitely get the One if I was wanting to get another android device cause it looks like one of HTC's best devices yet. But I'm to in love with my iPhone 5 to leave now. You guys have a tough choice good luck :) This thread has been hilarious.

Sent from the collector home world.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I would definitely get the One if I was wanting to get another android device cause it looks like one of HTC's best devices yet. But I'm to in love with my iPhone 5 to leave now. You guys have a tough choice good luck :) This thread has been hilarious.

Sent from the collector home world.

It's only gonna get easier when the reviews come in for each device cause then we'll know what they offer and their pros and cons

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
It screams troll because the complaints are ridiculous and rare if they exist at all. "Touch wiz is a mess" what an educated statement that means nothing. The S3 is one of the best selling, widely reviewed and highly praised phones of all time. These are facts beyond dispute. This whole cheap plastic argument is at best a matter of personal preference and at worst just plain stupid. The sky high sales and widespread PROFESSIONAL praise dispel that nonsense.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
It screams troll because the complaints are ridiculous and rare if they exist at all. "Touch wiz is a mess" what an educated statement that means nothing. The S3 is one of the best selling, widely reviewed and highly praised phones of all time. These are facts beyond dispute. This whole cheap plastic argument is at best a matter of personal preference and at worst just plain stupid. The sky high sales and widespread PROFESSIONAL praise dispel that nonsense.

Especially when you can slap a case over it and you can't even tell anymore. But everyone has their preference.

This is from me, on my EVO 3D.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 5 has been selling even better than the SG3, has been highly praised, and tops customer satisfaction. Yet, I somehow doubt any of you would get this upset if people were calling it crap.

Also funny how whenever anyone mentions anecdotal evidence, the defenders always have the exact opposite anecdotal evidence. What are the odds of that? I mean not just something like "well I have 5 friends who got one, and one had to have it swapped, but all are fine now" or "I know 5, and some have minor issues, one doesn't like the feel and another doesn't like the screen, but we're all happy with our phones", its "We all have one, and they've all been perfect, and everyone loves it" <sarcasm>Gee, I dunno which one sounds made up.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone 5 has been selling even better than the SG3, has been highly praised, and tops customer satisfaction. Yet, I somehow doubt any of you would get this upset if people were calling it crap.

Also funny how whenever anyone mentions anecdotal evidence, the defenders always have the exact opposite anecdotal evidence. What are the odds of that? I mean not just something like "well I have 5 friends who got one, and one had to have it swapped, but all are fine now" or "I know 5, and some have minor issues, one doesn't like the feel and another doesn't like the screen, but we're all happy with our phones", its "We all have one, and they've all been perfect, and everyone loves it" <sarcasm>Gee, I dunno which one sounds made up.

No, it's the fact the 10s of millions of people have bought the S3 and it has been reviewed and rated by virtually every media/tech outlet in the solar system and almost universally the S3 ranks as the top Android phone and top alternative to the iPhone. This has little to do with marketing and everything to do with Samsung having hit a home run. FYI, Consumer Reports ranks the S3 extremely high, so if there were REAL issues regarding its plastic construction I'm sure they wouldnt have recommend it.

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I think the big issue that's getting everyone's panties in a bunch is that people get a little to defensive at times and it ends up coming off as a claim that either the s3 is the end all of android phones or a total piece. It's clearly proven itself to be a great phone, but that doesn't mean it's for everyone.