The Note 7 Battery life Thread

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
You should be happy about this. I am right no 4 hours off the battery with 1h18 mins on screen time and my battery is at 66 percent !!!! Makes me so angry I don't know what to do. Trying the cache thing that erasat mentionned yesterday but now I'm also contemplating resetting my phone to factory and starting from scratch. When I see other peoples results I'm convinced there is something in my phone draining the battery, but I can't identify what.....

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
You should be happy about this. I am right no 4 hours off the battery with 1h18 mins on screen time and my battery is at 66 percent !!!! Makes me so angry I don't know what to do. Trying the cache thing that erasat mentionned yesterday but now I'm also contemplating resetting my phone to factory and starting from scratch. When I see other peoples results I'm convinced there is something in my phone draining the battery, but I can't identify what.....
No need to worry now guess we will all be getting new phones

thevaristy

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Battery life for me prior to today has been pretty good. No complaints at all. Today however, Google Play Services is hammering my battery. I have not changed anything about the phone. Any ideas on what I can do to prevent this energy vampire?

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
No need to worry now guess we will all be getting new phones
Not me. I bought my phone on Amazon. It's an international version of the phone and it said No Warranty in capital letters... I knew it was risky but I needed the dual sim version and it was the only choice. I guess I'll always risk the explosion!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Not me. I bought my phone on Amazon. It's an international version of the phone and it said No Warranty in capital letters... I knew it was risky but I needed the dual sim version and it was the only choice. I guess I'll always risk the explosion!

I don't think you should have issues returning your phone, it's a Recall and it's different or at least it should be different than when asking for Warranty. Just give Samsung a call or connect through the Samsung + app and ask about it.

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Actually I just spoke with them via Samsung + and they've told me that they are not officially recalling the phones yet and that we should be waiting on standby until further notice. Lol. Anyway I don't think I'll return my phone. Can't be bothered to wait so long for the replacement. And I have no phone to use on the meantime!!

Well today I tried to lower by luminosity by 10%, and I saw a tiny improvement but not worth doing it. Just 10 minutes screen on time additional. Not worth it I think.
And I didn't even make it to 9 hours on battery today. That really sucks. I'm hopeless.

1472848682123.jpg1472848687531.jpg

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Just read something about screen time out having an impact on battery. Mine is set at 2 minutes, can it be a problem? What's yours like...

I also see in the screenshot above that now I don't only have android system but I also have android Os eating my battery! What is that? That's new...

And what is Google play service? Seems to take battery aways! Should I disable it

What about nfc?! Should I turn it off too?

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Another thought: I haven't been using the stock charge my phone. Maybe i will get better battery time if I start using it ??? ALso, do you guys think that turning off fast charging could improve the battery life ???

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Another thought: I haven't been using the stock charge my phone. Maybe i will get better battery time if I start using it ??? ALso, do you guys think that turning off fast charging could improve the battery life ???
I've tried both... Fast and non fast and i actually felt like my battery life was better with fast charging

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've tried both... Fast and non fast and i actually felt like my battery life was better with fast charging

You're not going to notice a difference in discharge rate based on how quickly it charged. It's like saying your car gets better gas mileage when you pump at the gas station faster vs slower. WattHours are WattHours.

Fast charging will affect your battery's capacity over time though. More fast charges will diminish battery life quicker.

DanRomania

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Everyone should realize the fact that the battery life can varry A LOT depending on what you do. Some do a lot of browsing, others play games or edit photos. On the whole, from what I've read the average is around 4-5 hours of sot. I don't really understand from where comes all the hating regarding this phone. Just buy an s7e or 6s or wait for the iph7.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Actually I just spoke with them via Samsung + and they've told me that they are not officially recalling the phones yet and that we should be waiting on standby until further notice. Lol. Anyway I don't think I'll return my phone. Can't be bothered to wait so long for the replacement. And I have no phone to use on the meantime!!

Well today I tried to lower by luminosity by 10%, and I saw a tiny improvement but not worth doing it. Just 10 minutes screen on time additional. Not worth it I think.
And I didn't even make it to 9 hours on battery today. That really sucks. I'm hopeless.

View attachment 238233View attachment 238234

Your phone basically is not deep sleeping, if everything I've told you hasn't worked, then if a Wipe cache Partition doesn't help you must have a rogue app not allowing your phone to sleep, that battery graphic says it all, it's basically drain nonstop at a steady pace and I can guess that you are using it a lot, hence you still manage to get 4 hours of SOT, but if I'm right your standby should suck, so if you don't use this phone constantly your SOT will be a lot worse.

Try the Wipe cache Partition but if it doesn't help consider getting a battery meager app that like GSAM that can give you a more detailed information of nothing helps then a factory reset.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Getting a fairly good battery life yesterday to me, 4hrs plus with 39% battery with high usage on Pokemon Go which is quite a battery draining app to me.

Somehow I find Note 7 has very good battery life during usage, but rather poor when idling or when keep waking the phone. You can get a very good SOT if you continuously use your phone, but if you are the kind who turns on your phone every few minutes to look at it for a few seconds each time, you are going to get a poor SOT overall.

*I'm using FHD resolution and auto-brightness.

Screenshot_20160903-061115.jpg
Screenshot_20160903-061129.jpg

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Just read something about screen time out having an impact on battery. Mine is set at 2 minutes, can it be a problem? What's yours like...

I also see in the screenshot above that now I don't only have android system but I also have android Os eating my battery! What is that? That's new...

And what is Google play service? Seems to take battery aways! Should I disable it

What about nfc?! Should I turn it off too?

Like I've said before NFC is one of the Quick toggles for a reason, no need to have it on all the time, it may not use a lot of power but uses nevertheless.

Forget about the other, Android System and Android OS there is not much you can do, maybe if you get more detailed information about those 2 maybe it can give you a better idea, but yes, Google Play services can do harm like no other, click on Google play services and see how long it is keeping the phone awake, that can be a HUGE issue if it's a high number, either way do the Wipe ache partition, with what you are saying and showing it can definitely help, I don't know why you haven't done it yet, it causes no harm.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
As I stated in this thread and others I am getting 9-10 hours with 3.5 -4.5 SOT. However a 20 minute charge up and I'm getting 12-14 hours with 5-6 hours of SOT.

I use this phone a lot so I don't worry about what i get on own single charge. If I need to I just switch over to Power Saving Medium mode and allow data but reduce overall CPU and that adds 2 hours easy in a pinch

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
e1880eeeb8ac6a8082f929d3615c438f.jpg

576611a074ee275ce56b6afacdb3d2f1.jpg

I charged it for 12 minutes first time and 14 minutes second time when in the car.

That's a total of 26 minutes and this is very good in my opinion. Took it off charger at 545am.

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Erasat, thanks for all your advice. For now I've decided to make the big move! I reset it to factory and I'm setting it up as a new phone.

1. I will install disable package pro and turn off the main bloatware.

2. I will go through all the settings and put in place all the battery saving tips you've taught me such as scanning, location, etc....

3. I will reinstall all the app that I use daily only, and try to edit all the permissions of those to remove the useless ones...

4. I will fully un charge the phone and then fully charge it with the charger I got in the box. And then will come the test.

My dream is 6 hrs sot like many people here, but if I reach 5 I'll be so happy!

See you on the other side!!