The Official Battery Life Thread

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Guys, can you help with something?

First off it may take a few cycles(from full to 5% or less ) before your battery actually reads right) If you are charging it when it @ say 50 % and have not let it get low you are messing up the readings...

also check out the tips in here I have a few regarding battery life....

Evo 3D FAQ's & Tips

I can understand the taking a few cycles to get it to act right, but charging at 50% and messing up readings cannot be since these are not memory batteries. that use to be true for memory batteries back in the day. But they havent used those in a long time as far as i am aware.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

I can understand the taking a few cycles to get it to act right, but charging at 50% and messing up readings cannot be since these are not memory batteries. that use to be true for memory batteries back in the day. But they havent used those in a long time as far as i am aware.

Try it out and then let me know... Even HTC suggested calibrating the Evo 4G battery and since this is the same type battery i'd suggest this also applies to the E3D

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I'll keep you posted guys, I've also noticed it gets stuck charging at 99% then takes a long while to go from 99% to 100%

I know battery life isn't going to be stellar, I'm just getting mad that my experience isn't as good as other people's.

97ws6

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

I'll keep you posted guys, I've also noticed it gets stuck charging at 99% then takes a long while to go from 99% to 100%

I know battery life isn't going to be stellar, I'm just getting mad that my experience isn't as good as other people's.

Some have mentioned doing a hard reset also checkout irocks FAQ, some good info in his link.

Reactions: irock1985

JuniorWWT

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Unplugged for 8 hours now. Used youversion bible in church for half an hour or so. Sent several texts, checked and sent a couple of emails, and did a little web browsing, also in church. Updated a couple of apps and played Peggle and Cut the Rope for quite a while. Took a few 3d pics to show some friends that were over this afternoon. They loved it. Used Tweetdeck several times and made 1 phonecall and I am now at 50%. I'll take this performance everyday.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I pulled it off the charger around 9AM. Listened to mp3s for an hour, took a few minute 3D video, showed others the 3D videos for at least 5 minutes worth of playing them..

Played around on twitter here and there throughout the day, a dozen texts, and an hour on the phone. I added about 10% of charge in the car while i was out, but at 1AM I was still at 15% and I had to run a 3D movie at full brightness for 15 minutes, then browsed the web at full brightness another 15 to get it down to 0 around 2am.

This destroys my Nexus One in terms of battery life. So far today I took it off the charger around 9:30 and I'm still at 62%. I'd probably have been at 25 before, so I'll definitely take it.

kcpowercat

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Went to the zoo today in KC. Turned on my runkeeper pro app to see how far I walked to took a ton of 2 and 3D pics and videos. After 3 hours of a constant GPS connection and pics still had 60% of the battery left (runkeeper was reported to be the big battery hog)

Never could have faired that well with the original evo. Loving this battery life.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Try it out and then let me know... Even HTC suggested calibrating the Evo 4G battery and since this is the same type battery i'd suggest this also applies to the E3D

Im not doubting your word, but that while thing of leffting your battery discharge all the way down to set the cycles is the def if a menory battery which phones have not used in a long time.

Sent from my 3D EVOlution

Reactions: Yoni415

masonfactor

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
let battery die

I can attest that letting your battery die does help. My phone went from 100% to almost dead in about 3 hours at first. (granted, I was using it as a mp3 player for a while and using google music with a lot of song in the cloud)

After letting it die and recharging back to 89%, I spent an hour and the half on the phone with moderate to heavy usage:

on and off 4g,
using the map feature a 1/3 of the time,
talking on the phone for 10 minutes
looking up like 7 different websites
looking at emails
auto-brightness and autosynicing on

My phone ended up going from 89% to 66%. Still not as great as I would like and not as nice as some of the other post above, but I calculate that would equal like a little more than 8 hours of moderate usage which I can live with.

Mr. Berry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Got 15 hours today, still got 22% of juice left
Been running Touchdown for exchange about 30 emails, Gmail, wordfeud, twidroyd, liveprofile, bunch of texts, some phonecalls, browsed a little, played some you tube, Pulse.

devgrp

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I got 22 hrs with moderate use. Much better than my girl's evo. I calibrated my battery by draining it completely then turning off and charging it. Unplug, charge and repeat about 4 times then turn the phone back on.

mdallen5

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Greetings, all. I got my 3d Friday 8AM and did not do the update as warned by several posts. Saturday I used the free golf caddy gps. Phone was fast and app was great.

By the 4th or 5th hole, 1 hour, phone had used 40% or more on app.

Now that I've done the updates, I hope the life will be better as some have reported.

I'll drain and fully charge today area times as devgrp suggests.

I'll report back soon.

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Dunno how you guys are getting such good battery life. I have done the calibration thing (using the phone till it shut off, than charging out 100%), and the most I got was around 8.2 hours. In this 8.2 hours, I took about 10 3d photos, a 15 second video, and used the browser on 3g for about 4 hours continuously. At the end, the battery app showed the screen used about 85% of the battery (had it set at 25%-35% brightness, ie. 1 bar on the brightness app). I didn't have any push or auto update running in the back ground (face book, twitter, gmail), those were updated manually. Also does your guys battery get really warm (105 degrees) sometimes during use?

kcpowercat

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Dunno how you guys are getting such good battery life. I have done the calibration thing (using the phone till it shut off, than charging out 100%), and the most I got was around 8.2 hours. In this 8.2 hours, I took about 10 3d photos, a 15 second video, and used the browser on 3g for about 4 hours continuously. At the end, the battery app showed the screen used about 85% of the battery. I didn't have any push or auto update running in the back ground (face book, twitter, gmail), those were updated manually. Also does your guys battery get really warm (105 degrees) sometimes during use?

You have to have a rougue app running keeping your phone awake hence the hot phone. Now just to find what it is.

mustangmelish

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Dunno how you guys are getting such good battery life. I have done the calibration thing (using the phone till it shut off, than charging out 100%), and the most I got was around 8.2 hours. In this 8.2 hours, I took about 10 3d photos, a 15 second video, and used the browser on 3g for about 4 hours continuously. At the end, the battery app showed the screen used about 85% of the battery (had it set at 25%-35% brightness, ie. 1 bar on the brightness app). I didn't have any push or auto update running in the back ground (face book, twitter, gmail), those were updated manually. Also does your guys battery get really warm (105 degrees) sometimes during use?

8.2 hours? I think that's still pretty good if you're using the browser continuously for 4 hours on 3g! If you cut that out, or lessen the time you are on your browser, you should definitely see better battery life. Even use wifi instead of 3G. 4 hours is a long time!