The OnePlus 7 Pro Would Be Perfect If...

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't worry about SD card for any phone that has a minimum storage of 128 GB, heck even 64 GB will be fine. I don't care about it since most of my stuff is in the cloud and I stream lots of things because of unlimited data plan. I do save some offline stuff but not much.

I do miss wireless charging though since I use them a lot with my other devices and have wireless chargers everywhere at home and office.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Always On Display...I didn't really think I would miss it after having it on the Pixel 2 XL and 2 XL, but I do miss it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
So glad you are loving the OP 7 Pro! It is truly a wonderful phone, from what I've heard and researched. I personally wish it had water résistance but I'm assuming the cost of manufacturing that would result in the OnePlus device going up a price bracket.

Carl Anderson

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
So glad you are loving the OP 7 Pro! It is truly a wonderful phone, from what I've heard and researched. I personally wish it had water résistance but I'm assuming the cost of manufacturing that would result in the OnePlus device going up a price bracket.

I don't think it is the manufacturing cost, rather the cost of certification. Also, is there a cell phone manufacturer that covers water damage, even with an IP67/68 rating?

I could be wrong though.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Having an IP rating is a waste of money for the manufacturer which gets passed on to the consumer, being that water damage isn't covered by warranty anyway.

Also what is this fascination with people using their phones in situations where they would get wet anyway to even worry about it?

Maybe because I am a little older and have had electronics for many decades. During my life, it was just common sense to not get your electronics wet or use them where you might get liquid damage. Are people that just cavalier these days or just careless? I dunno.

For example, back in the 80's when I used to have a Sony Walkman to listen to cassettes when out and about. I had common sense to not get it wet. People just knew better in those days.

/rant

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Having an IP rating is a waste of money for the manufacturer which gets passed on to the consumer, being that water damage isn't covered by warranty anyway.

Also what is this fascination with people using their phones in situations where they would get wet anyway to even worry about it?

Maybe because I am a little older and have had electronics for many decades. During my life, it was just common sense to not get your electronics wet or use them where you might get liquid damage. Are people that just cavalier these days or just careless? I dunno.

For example, back in the 80's when I used to have a Sony Walkman to listen to cassettes when out and about. I had common sense to not get it wet. People just knew better in those days.

/rant

Despite my Pixel 2 being water resistant, I never put it in situations where it could get wet (unless it's a little bit of rain). I use ip68 more as a backup than a reliance. If it gets a few sprinkles of rain? It'll probably be fine. But will I put it in a steamy bathroom or near the beach? Definitely not!

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what kind of voodoo the phone manufacturer's had to do to convince everybody that an IP rating is a thing we need. It's one of the big items that people seem to throw around as a must have, but I'd rather not pay for it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

/rant
I don't understand the novelty of taking the phone in the shower. I slightly understand the desire to take an underwater picture but people shouldn't do that and then complain that its not covered. As for the IP rating it does provides a level of comfort for those accidental momentary drops or exposures to water.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
The Nebula Blue is really nice, but I couldn't resist the Almond color though.

I've had dark phones for so long, I needed a change to a lighter color.

I also use the clear TPU case the phone comes with, and that makes the Almond color really stand out.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The Nebula Blue is really nice, but I couldn't resist the Almond color though.

I've had dark phones for so long, I needed a change to a lighter color.

I also use the clear TPU case the phone comes with, and that makes the Almond color really stand out.
The Almond color beautiful also.