Thinking of buying a P9, a few questions..

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Im thinking of getting myself a P9, but was wanting some advice from "real" users, not reviews...

Im coming from a Nexus 6P, but find I dont use the speakers on the front and find it a bit on the large side.. with the speaker chins.. its just over 6" ... like a big flat slab in my hand... which is starting to annoy me.. Im also getting tired of 3rd party manual camera apps draining the battery, so..

I mainly use my phone for Photography, music and RSS articles and News (Nwesstand, Flipboard).. I have a Lenovo Tab for Movies, Netflix etc.. so not bothered about that... and dont mid a 1080p screen..

So how do you find the P9 in its current OS build

Lensbabyd

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I love mine. I didn't like my Sammy S7E so some it on and came to the p9 after my Sony Z3c died, I have just tried a Moto Z but missed the camera options from the p9 and didn't like the finger print scanner or the size of it.

My only gripe is no fast charger available....at least in the UK.

I ditched the Huawei launcher for Nova as I do on all my phones. Love this phone but would like it to be waterproof and have fast charging.... I think I'd like a Sony /Huawei mash up phone but this is a top phone for the price IMHO.

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I love mine. I didn't like my Sammy S7E so some it on and came to the p9 after my Sony Z3c died, I have just tried a Moto Z but missed the camera options from the p9 and didn't like the finger print scanner or the size of it.

My only gripe is no fast charger available....at least in the UK.

I ditched the Huawei launcher for Nova as I do on all my phones. Love this phone but would like it to be waterproof and have fast charging.... I think I'd like a Sony /Huawei mash up phone but this is a top phone for the price IMHO.

Ive actually picked one up.. and yes.. Im loving it so far... althnough 5.7" to 5.2" screen is quite a come down at first, but ill get used to it.. I actually quite like the EMU UI (which I had to flash Manually from B166 > B182 - 411)... its fun to use and has a few useful features.. although some might call them gimmicks..

Ive tried a Samsung S7E, with its childish Disney UI... the Edge.. prevented me from pressing the "1" and the "A" keys when setting up and the camera.. im sorry to say.. was terrible.. I just couldnt get a decent image out of it at all... the speaker was a squacky tinney mess for PodCasts (I listen to P..Cs in bed).. and headphone audio was a disgrace for a £700 flagship.,.. I cashed in my 48 hour exchange policy straight away..

Yes sadly, no fast charge... but the rest makes up for it :)

Ive posted a review..

Lensbabyd

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Yay!

You'll get used to the size... Easier one handed, more pocketable etc.

Totally agree re S7E "disney" style UI and I too didn't get on with the camera.

Tiny Huawei things I like... Knuckle tap for screenshot, mini icons in colour for notifications on the bar, slide down fingerprint sensor to open notifications... Or camera or whatever you configure.

My can't live without feature though is the camera UI and the bokeh setting.... Love it.

I also love the form factor of this phone, clean simple, great size etc and how colours look real.

ORA1

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
My contract with my sony Z3 compact expires in March 2017. I like trying different phones out. The Z3 compact was almost perfect, even with marshmellow it didnt give any problems. Except the back glass cracked from excessive heat on internet.
I like the look of the P9. Its in my price range along with the LG G5 se.
I really haven't heard much about this company Huawei compared to HTC, Sony, LG and samsung.
According to reviews the P9 can be better, but for whom....The Iphone and S7 are out of my price range.
The phone will be many used for internet surfing, phone, whatsapp and some pictures. I dont do the game thing.
So will the P9 fit the bill. Will Huawei also give good service and updates....
Thankyou in advance

Craig Dalziel

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
With the witchcraft Huawei have put into battery power not having a fast charger out the box doesn't really bother me as the battery life is excellent. Not fast charging will prolong the life of the non replaceable battery.

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
With the witchcraft Huawei have put into battery power not having a fast charger out the box doesn't really bother me as the battery life is excellent. Not fast charging will prolong the life of the non replaceable battery.

Thats actually a really good point which is rarely mentioned... Constant Fast Charging over and over again actually shortens the life of Lithium Ion batteries, I used to turn it off on my S7 edge.. However, the P9 is so slow its ridculous... I let my P9 drop to 10% a few days ago.. and it took nearly 4.5 hours to charge .. thats not good .. Im running B182 OS.

Can one buy a fast charger, or doesnt the phone do fast charging ?

I believe P9 supports its own kind of Huawei F.C..yes, but its not QC 2 or even QC 3.. the best i found was this tread.. which is confusing...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/help/charger-huawei-p9-t3373037

Hope that helps :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza