thinking of switching from Verizon to Sprint ?

jtbledo85

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently with VZW & thinking of switching to Sprint. I love VZW coverage but I have a family plan with unlimited data but my wife & I split so now I have two phones & only use one & pay around 220 a mo. & is getting a bit expensive with just my income so if I cancel one line I have to sign a new contract & don't want to lose my unlimited. So? Is how good is sprints coverage in TX compared to vzw . I live in Houston but travel to West Tx for work so will I get charged for roaming if I get the unlimited everything plan... Thankyou

PLCSP

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
On the nationwide plan, I don't think you are charged for roaming on Sprint. My phone has showed the roaming symbol when traveling, but my bill is always the same.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
You dont her charged for roaming. I forgot there is a limit on how much data you can use while roaming. Dont remember what it is

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You dont her charged for roaming. I forgot there is a limit on how much data you can use while roaming. Dont remember what it is

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Rule of thumb...You can only roam for about half of your normal data use. There for if you use 100 megs of data...Only 50% can be roaming. If its more they will shut your service off after they send you a letter in the mail.

jtbledo85

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
So is it true that Sprint piggy backs off of VZW ? So basically the same amount of coverage? Just curious if I'll have decent service or not

SlackBlade

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Sprint has its own service. If you are unable to connect to Sprint, it falls back to any signal (roaming). It is usually Verizon, but can be other CDMA (not GSM) careers.

I have had Sprint for 10 of the last 16 years. I have never had a problem. I have roamed while on vacation, but have never received a letter from them. I allow my phone to roam for voice and data and have turned off all notifications telling me that I am roaming. I have lived in St. Louis and Atlanta and have only had one or two dead zones in each city. I have not hit one in awhile.

Cannot speak for Texas though.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I get great service with sprint, now the data speeds aren't all that good. But around where I live I get better coverage than on Verizon. Almost always 3-4 bars. Also a lot cheaper.

You can also switch to Sprint and if you don't like it, I think you have 14 days to cancel your contract without an ETF.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly