Third Party SystemUI Tuner Not Changing Settings on LG X Venture?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello, I recently purchased a new LG X Venture, running android 7.0. I was very annoyed that it can't go into do not disturb mode from pressing the volume button down, so I looked into it, and discovered SystemUI Tuner, a feature that supposedly can enable/disable this feature. Unfortunately, SystemUI Tuner is also apparently disabled by default (thanks LG), so I downloaded the third party recreation of SystemUI Tuner from the app store (apparently can't include links here, but it is by Zachary Wander). My phone is not rooted, so I had to enable the permissions the app needs with adb. I followed the instructions on the app and also on howtogeek
to get adb working with my phone and windows 7 computer. Eventually, everything seemed to work, and I typed in the three adb permission lines while connected over adb. I didn't get any output from any of the lines, but no errors, so I would guess they worked. I then proceeded in the app, and started playing around with the settings. Among other things, I disabled a lot of icons in the phone status bar (as well as enabling auto detect), enabled extreme night mode, and enabled "DND Switch in Vol Slider".

The night mode definitely changed the tint of my screen, as soon as I clicked it. But the other two settings don't seem to have changed anything, even after a restart. My taskbar is still the same, with icons that I tried to hide still there. And most importantly, the volume button still doesn't put the phone into DnD mode. I hold it down until the phone is on vibrate, then I click it down again, and nothing happens. I can enable DnD mode from the taskbar, but then I can't exit it either from the volume keys.

Any idea what might be wrong? I am very determined to correct this.